holsters
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > holsters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 10:41 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 12 Posts

Default holsters

New permit holder looking for carry options on locations and styles and think I will start carrying 1911 compact as first pistol all help appreciated

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #2

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoneam2006 View Post
New permit holder looking for carry options on locations and styles and think I will start carrying 1911 compact as first pistol all help appreciated
Great choice in handgun man, carry and plinker, truly cream of any crop to many. For me they're too large a firearm to carry like I do, which is pocket. You'll probably do IWB or OWB. Around 4oclock position or so. I recommend leather for such a large gun, nylon doesn't seem sufficient enough a material to me.

Old 12-21-2012, 12:29 AM   #3

Liked 12 Times on 10 Posts

Check out Ryan Grizzle Leather. I carry owb and have three of his High Country models, one of which is for my Springfield Loaded MicroCompact 45 which is a small 1911 style. I can also carry my Springer EMP 9 in the same holster which is also 1911 style. Good luck with your search.

"Honey, can I buy another gun?" "Why another gun?" "I just figured out that I am two guns short of never enough!"

Old 12-21-2012, 12:35 AM   #4

It has to be iwb I have to have concealed at all times and would like not to have to wear coats or overshirt thanks for the help any other ideas please let me know

Old 12-21-2012, 01:32 AM   #5

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

you will want something tuckable for IWB. that means the clips are attached down low on the leather, but extend up with the hooks, giving you a "slot" to tuck your shirt in yet still have clips exposed to grab your belt with.

I had mine made by Side Guard Holsters, but be forewarned...excessively long lead times. at time of ordering, he said 9 weeks. took 10.5 I was willing to wait because the price was fair, and I wanted to make sure I could get a holster that fits my weapon, a Beretta 96G Elite II, which not many people make holsters for.

notice how the screws for the clips are down at the bottom of the holster, allowing you to tuck a shirt in between the clip and the leather, which allows you to carry IWB, with a shirt tucked in.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #6

Thanks for the pics now when using iwb does it conceal enough with t shirt untucked

Old 12-21-2012, 02:38 AM   #7

And does anyone carry on back

Old 12-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Galco has several IWB holsters that have the clip so you can tuck your shirt in and completely conceal your pistol. I have several, including one for my Kimber with a 3 inch barrel. Give it a look, good luck. Ed

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 12-21-2012, 12:05 PM   #9

Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

Quote:
Thanks for the pics now when using iwb does it conceal enough with t shirt untucked

There was another thread about 4 days ago with the same topic, and I posted Pictures there too, but here's how it conceals:

(pics look awkward and goofy. it's hard to look natural when you're taking a self pic, but it does conceal well. I wear it 95% of the time or more, even around the house, and my wife doesn't even notice until she wraps an arm around me)

Now, I would also say that my body shape may have a hand in how well it conceals. my chest/shoulders are wider than my belly, so as my shirt hangs free and untucked, it creates a "pocket" of space around my waist for the gun to conceal in.. If you have more of a belly, maybe someone else who has a similar shape can help you out with what conceals well

Old 12-21-2012, 01:51 PM   #10

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
And does anyone carry on back
I would strongly discourage you from carrying SOB (small of the back). This method is cumbersome for you to reach your firearm, much easier for someone else to gain control of your firearm, and just plain dangerous should you find yourself, for whatever reason, falling on your back.

I carry a full-size XD-40 service IWB tucked in a CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe. Good company with a lifetime warranty and a two-week trial period during which you may return it for any reason.

http://crossbreedholsters.com/

ETA: They also give discounts to MIL/LE and NRA members.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation