holster for S&W 638
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > holster for S&W 638

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2010, 11:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default holster for S&W 638

Can anyone recommend a conceal holster for the 638?

I have a Super tuck for my Springfield XDM 9MM but it is a bit heavy and I keep pulling my pants up no matter how tight I have my belt.

I thought it would be better to wear the lighter gun.

Any suggestions?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-27-2010, 03:18 AM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1334 Times on 650 Posts
Likes Given: 84

I have a Don Hume pocket holster that I use for my 638. It hides the gun nicely in your pocket. Once you break it in a bit the holster will stay in the pocket and let you extract the handgun. It cost me $42 at a show.

Old 12-27-2010, 04:41 AM   #3
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Strong, might not be the pistol or the holster (both are fine for carry). I expect it's your belt. I have more holsters than I am willing to admit to buying before I got the understanding it was as much the belt as the holster. You already have one of the best holsters so look at a gun belt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 12-27-2010, 02:53 PM   #4

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daoust_Nat View Post
I have a Don Hume pocket holster that I use for my 638. It hides the gun nicely in your pocket. Once you break it in a bit the holster will stay in the pocket and let you extract the handgun. It cost me $42 at a show.
Can you help me understand a pocket holster?
I am assuming it is the front pocket you are talking about. If that is the case, I can not imagine I would have enough room to carry the pistol in my front pocket....let alone sit down with it

I will put it in my pocket when I go out today, maybe it isnt as bad as I imagine