Holster help - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Holster help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
I'm not comfortable at all with carrying in my purse, I have a feeling thus will be a trial and error learning curve.
My daughter wasn't comfortable, either. She filled a box full of holsters that didn't work for one reason or another before she went to the purse. Of the choices she had with the body she wants, it was the best available for her. We have since put her into a nice 5 shot hammerless revolver and she is even happier yet. She will wear the purse on her strong side, and as she leaves work or the store she will slip her hand into the weapon pocket of her purse. The weapon is in her hand yet still completely concealed. Is it the ideal solution? Far from it, but it is the best compromise we can come up with so far.

Seriously, I wish you a lot of luck. With the difference in skeletal anatomy, plus what society and fashion trends tell you to wear, you're in a mess. Try to find a local gun shop with a female employee and talk to them. They have the same problem you do, plus they have access to a lot of female customers that share your problem.

Old 03-25-2012, 08:36 PM   #12

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray View Post
I lost my trane of thought once you said that you are curvey and described what you wear :-)

Mmmmmmmm...Oh ya,holsters. check out the crossbreed supertuck and tommy theis for good IWB holsters.
I second that...on everything

Old 03-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #13

Liked 21 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402
Try to find a local gun shop with a female employee and talk to them. They have the same problem you do, plus they have access to a lot of female customers that share your problem.
This is the best advice and I feel stupid for not thinking of it myself :-/

Old 03-26-2012, 05:42 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Try corneredkitty.com
Most of the female police officers that I know carry a North American .22 Mag. derringer in their bra as an "Onion Field" gun.

lady-bug.jpg   concealedcarryshorts-300x300.jpg   m-looper-flashbang-holster-web.jpg   undertech-undercover-concealment-shirt-womens-234x300.jpg  

Enemies of the United States:hunt them down, kill them all.War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Last edited by fudo; 03-26-2012 at 05:45 AM.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:56 AM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
This is the best advice and I feel stupid for not thinking of it myself :-/
Without my daughter's experience I never would have thought of it. Good luck with your search, and please let us know what you come up with.

By the way, never feel stupid for not coming up with the answer. Only feel stupid if you're too proud to ask the question.

Old 03-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfo
Why not try a Remora, you can move it around those curves till it feels right.
I just ordered the Remora, since I don't like to wear a belt it seemed like my best first choice.

Old 03-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #17

Liked 25 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HotMama View Post
I just ordered the Remora, since I don't like to wear a belt it seemed like my best first choice.
Let us know how it works out for you. I think you will be happy, just trust it, it is not going anywhere.

Old 03-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 982 Times on 628 Posts
Likes Given: 392

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402

By the way, never feel stupid for not coming up with the answer. Only feel stupid if you're too proud to ask the question.
I want a CC holster for inside your waist band. As I am right handed I would need a left handed paddle holster then correct? Need help.

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

Isaiah 53:5 But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilfo

Let us know how it works out for you. I think you will be happy, just trust it, it is not going anywhere.
I'll let you know. I appreciate the suggestion.

Old 03-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #20

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1HotMama View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. I wouldn't say I'm Daisy Duke curvy but far from Janet Reno curvy. I'm not comfortable at all with carrying in my purse, I have a feeling thus will be a trial and error learning curve. The 90 day wait for my cwp should give me time to figure out what works.
Trying to stay focused on the subject...I am glad that the purse is not your first choice, anything not on your person is easily taken away.

My daughter carries a M&P9C in a N82 IWB holster, she is a slim curvy girly girl, it does print with most of her shirts while sitting, but she is usually cold and almost always has a sweater or jacket in hand.

The wife has a few more curves(I'm so in trouble) and carries in a Sticky holster most of the time. Both of my girls can pull off a hybrid type holster they just complain about having to buy jeans a little bigger and about wearing a belt.

This lady seems to have several good ideas on female carry tips. http://www.youtube.com/user/faliaphotography

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.