Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Holster help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2012, 05:14 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 21 Times on 10 Posts

Default Holster help

I need some options for an IWB holster for my Kahr CM9. Keep in mind that I'm a curvy woman, wear clothes that actually fit (jeans and a baby doll tshirt most of the time) and 5'3", these factors present a few challenges. Unfortunately they don't make a flashbang holster for the cm9 yet.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-24-2012, 06:04 AM   #2

Liked 998 Times on 597 Posts
Likes Given: 16

I lost my trane of thought once you said that you are curvey and described what you wear :-)

Mmmmmmmm...Oh ya,holsters. check out the crossbreed supertuck and tommy theis for good IWB holsters.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 03-24-2012, 06:51 AM   #3

Liked 862 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
I lost my trane of thought once you said that you are curvey and described what you wear :-)

Mmmmmmmm...Oh ya,holsters. check out the crossbreed supertuck and tommy theis for good IWB holsters.
Wipe the drool off the keyboard wray. As to the holsters, give me a minute to look up a website for you. The ones wray mentioned are good also. Found it-ssholsters.com

God didnt make all men equal colonel Sam Colt did

Last edited by Marlinman; 03-24-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Old 03-24-2012, 08:56 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

My recommendation would depend on whether you are Daisy Duke curvy or Janet Reno curvy, and on the internet it's hard to tell. If it's Janet Reno curvy, buy anything, hide it in a fat roll. If it's Daisy Duke curvy I think you are making a mistake with an IWB. Anything but a KingTuk style IWB is going to be very painful, and the KingTuk style will tend to be very irritating, especially to your ribs when sitting. My statement is based on my daughter's experience down here in Florida. She is 5'2, 105 to 110, and dresses similarly to what you describe. She finally gave up on finding a comfortable waist holster. She bought a carry purse for her main carry pistol and an ankle holster for her BUG.

Another strike against the IWB holster. Based on what you say you wear, when you sit down, your gun will print.

Old 03-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #5

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Go on utube....there are a few videos on how to carry if you're a woman.....let alone a woman with a smokin body. And those videos show these women carrying full size handguns. I'll if I can find one for yoy

Old 03-24-2012, 11:28 AM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yeah....go on utube and type in "conceal carry for woman".....lots of options for women with your slim build....good luck

Old 03-25-2012, 01:06 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

The first video should be very helpful in selecting what works with the female anatomy, but I do have a problem with the gun owner filming them. Someone carrying a sidearm for self defense should do everything they can possibly do to make sure the weapon is carried the same way in the same place every time. The girl in the video is changing the holster location to suit her clothing, and in a tight situation she is going to look like she's doing the macarena before she ever locates her firearm.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:03 PM   #8

Liked 25 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Why not try a Remora, you can move it around those curves till it feels right.

Old 03-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #9

Liked 21 Times on 10 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions. I wouldn't say I'm Daisy Duke curvy but far from Janet Reno curvy. I'm not comfortable at all with carrying in my purse, I have a feeling thus will be a trial and error learning curve. The 90 day wait for my cwp should give me time to figure out what works.

Old 03-25-2012, 04:40 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yes it will definitely be a trial and error thing. I bought my first ccw back in February and dine then I bought 3 different holsters for my xd9sc. But it is good to have different options, but I agree that you should stick with one holster as much as possible for muscle memory sake....otherwise you'd be doing "the macarana" like you said. Good luck Hot Mama!!!!