Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Which holster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2013, 10:34 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateguy28 View Post
The clip is not that bad and blends in pretty well with a black belt. The other great thing is that the holster has an adjustable cant.
The adjustable cant is the main reason I went with the DeSantis SofTuck. Add in the "J" hook and I am very satisfied with it. I do feel that the N8 Squared would be more comfortable, but the clip bothers me from a retention standpoint. I'm afraid that when I sit it might be pushed up off the belt. I would be checking it constantly, and that doesn't help with keeping people unaware of my firearm.

I know it's just me and the clothes I tend to wear, but I really prefer the "J" hook over the metal spring clip. Maybe one day N8 Squared will offer it as an option so I can have the best of both worlds.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:58 AM   #22

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post

The adjustable cant is the main reason I went with the DeSantis SofTuck. Add in the "J" hook and I am very satisfied with it. I do feel that the N8 Squared would be more comfortable, but the clip bothers me from a retention standpoint. I'm afraid that when I sit it might be pushed up off the belt. I would be checking it constantly, and that doesn't help with keeping people unaware of my firearm.

I know it's just me and the clothes I tend to wear, but I really prefer the "J" hook over the metal spring clip. Maybe one day N8 Squared will offer it as an option so I can have the best of both worlds.
I understand where you're coming from. It's all about personal preference. I have a really solid, thick belt and the clip kind of snaps and latches on to it, which I really like. Good luck with your purchase! Don't forget to send a pic of your setup!

Old 10-31-2013, 02:12 PM   #23

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

As I analyze these two holsters I noticed the Bianchi must have a shirt worn outside the trousers, belt and clip.

The DeSantis you have the option to tuck a shirt between the holster and longer clip which conceals the entire handgun, holster and all you see is the clip 'J-hooks' on the belt. It might become more difficult to draw having to untuck that area of a shirt and be awkward to 'holster/re-holster' when necessary. But it can be used as the Bianchi with an outside shirt.

Bianchi:

DeSantis:

N8 Tactical - This would also work with a tucked in T-shirt:

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Last edited by wittmeba; 10-31-2013 at 02:30 PM.

Old 10-31-2013, 05:21 PM   #24
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1764 Times on 987 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

It's not getting any easier, is it. This looks like it may be the birth of a holster box for you.

Seriously, I just got home. I've been carrying my G27 all morning in my DeSantis without a care in the world. I wear untucked shirts with a square cut tail, just like most of the other old farts in Florida, and I have no problem with things staying safe and concealed. I can't give you a better endorsement than the fact that I own more than one.

Bianchi makes some good leather. I have some dating back to the early '70s that are still in service for my longer guns, but they are not concealment holsters. I've never tried to hide anything in one of their rigs.

Old 11-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #25

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Probably

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!