Which holster? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Which holster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2013, 08:47 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 576 Times on 325 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Thanks, Doc. Clearly indicates you are reading and understanding my posts. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm looking closely at these variations and this one seems to have a more defined bottom bend than some of the others to aid in belt retention. If you look at the bottom of the clip it almost appears recessed into the leather.

Which holster? - Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection

I will certainly do more investigation before buying the the DeSantis and N8 Squared are strong candidates.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 10-26-2013, 09:02 PM   #12

Liked 9 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Since I seem to be short on funds consistently I make my own holsters from used leather purses my wife discards or I buy at yard sales. I use the belt clip from a uncle Mikes nylon holster which is very strong . Since I'm making my own it's custom fitted for my Ruger P345.

Old 10-26-2013, 09:30 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1768 Times on 989 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba View Post
Thanks, Doc. Clearly indicates you are reading and understanding my posts. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm looking closely at these variations and this one seems to have a more defined bottom bend than some of the others to aid in belt retention. If you look at the bottom of the clip it almost appears recessed into the leather.

I will certainly do more investigation before buying the the DeSantis and N8 Squared are strong candidates.
I see what you're talking about, but these old eyes can't tell for sure, even with a 400% magnification. It looks like the leather is two or three layers with a hole cut in the center of the layer nearest the clip to form a recess. The only problem is that it could also be a photography artifact. If I was a betting man, I would call it a hole cut for recess. With my luck... well, that's why I'm not a betting man. <grin>

Old 10-31-2013, 12:15 AM   #14

I use a N8 squared and I am in love with it

Old 10-31-2013, 01:00 AM   #15

Liked 22 Times on 19 Posts

+1 on the n8 squared. I have the professional model for the shield. I sometimes forget it's there it's that comfortable.

Old 10-31-2013, 01:58 AM   #16

Liked 1101 Times on 659 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wittmeba
Thanks, Doc. Clearly indicates you are reading and understanding my posts. Thanks for pointing that out. I'm looking closely at these variations and this one seems to have a more defined bottom bend than some of the others to aid in belt retention. If you look at the bottom of the clip it almost appears recessed into the leather. I will certainly do more investigation before buying the the DeSantis and N8 Squared are strong candidates.
I have 2 of the N82 holsters and wouldn't buy anything else!!! These holsters are soooooo comfortable.

image-4099542253.jpg
towboater Likes This 
Old 10-31-2013, 08:52 AM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
I have 2 of the N82 holsters and wouldn't buy anything else!!! These holsters are soooooo comfortable.
Except for the backing they look totally different than the one pictured in post 8. Are they a different model or a different level than the one pictured? Also, can you give us some more detail on the belt clip? Thanks

Old 10-31-2013, 08:57 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post

Except for the backing they look totally different than the one pictured in post 8. Are they a different model or a different level than the one pictured? Also, can you give us some more detail on the belt clip? Thanks
I think you are referring to the different models. If you buy a "professional" version, the holster comes specifically molded for that gun. If you buy any of their other models, the holster comes fitted with a stretchy fabric that kind of fits around the gun. Definitely go with the professional version. I don't know if that stretchy fabric wears out over time and reholstering in that fabric is a PITA.

Old 10-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by karateguy28 View Post
I think you are referring to the different models. If you buy a "professional" version, the holster comes specifically molded for that gun. If you buy any of their other models, the holster comes fitted with a stretchy fabric that kind of fits around the gun. Definitely go with the professional version. I don't know if that stretchy fabric wears out over time and reholstering in that fabric is a PITA.
Okay. I can see that now. The only problem for the OP then is the clip. Is he willing to compromise on the belt clip to get the comfort everybody agrees is outstanding? That would be a no-brainer for me, but I'm not the one that will be wearing the holster.

Old 10-31-2013, 10:10 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc3402 View Post

Okay. I can see that now. The only problem for the OP then is the clip. Is he willing to compromise on the belt clip to get the comfort everybody agrees is outstanding? That would be a no-brainer for me, but I'm not the one that will be wearing the holster.
The clip is not that bad and blends in pretty well with a black belt. The other great thing is that the holster has an adjustable cant.