Hollow point expansion - Page 3
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Hollow point expansion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2012, 01:22 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 127 Times on 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardluk1 View Post
You can get class in NC from 55 dollars at a home taught class to 85 dollars at a gun range. You better check to see if this guy as certifed to teach a class and I was gona say hes a dumb mules rear end but for 125 dollar he's make'n great money and gets to pratice his BS too. This guy is steal'narrested him for stealing.

Come on now what sheriff does he work for. Might be able to warn others about him.

More than likely, he's just a dumb guy who couldn't do anything else in life so he became a cop, all he had to do was prove he wasn't mentally retarded. He obviously went to the state, got "certified" as a CCW instructor because he's a cop, and picked up a side job making extra cash.

If I was in that guys class, I'm afraid I would have stood up, said "dude, you're retarded, don't know what you're talking about, and have no business teaching us ANYTHING about weapons....I want my money back" then walked out --after I got refunded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymmonds View Post
How many states is it good for/ do you know? The class I took was in Louisiana for a $125 dollars. But it's good in 40 states. That might have something to do with price. But if not, that is a bad ass deal
I know Ohio has quite a few reciprocal deals, but I think Florida has more. and Florida will give you a "non-resident" CCW license if you give them money.

Old 08-23-2012, 01:38 PM   #22

Liked 32 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by psymmonds

How many states is it good for/ do you know? The class I took was in Louisiana for a $125 dollars. But it's good in 40 states. That might have something to do with price. But if not, that is a bad ass deal
Reciprocity deals for an ohio license can be found online but off the top of my head, i couldnt tell you all of them. I do know that an ohio combined with an out of state florida license will pretty much cover you for the entire country with very few exceptions. My first class in ohio (9 years ago) was $125. I found this place with this price recently and my friends and i all jumped on it. Im not due to renew until 2013 but for the price, im not going to pass it up.

Old 08-23-2012, 09:37 PM   #23

Liked 127 Times on 90 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryguy00 View Post
Reciprocity deals for an ohio license can be found online but off the top of my head, i couldnt tell you all of them. I do know that an ohio combined with an out of state florida license will pretty much cover you for the entire country with very few exceptions.
I had that same thought process!

just haven't gotten the Florida one yet.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #24

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capnklump
The other day I was in my CCWP class, and my instructor (he's a sherrifs deputy) stated that a hollow point personal defense round, I.E. Winchester Ranger T series, or PDX-1 etc. etc. Expands as soon as it is 18 inches clear of the barrel, even without contacting any BG's. In essence what he was trying to say was that air pressure against the hollow point was enough to cause expansion, and frankly at this point I have to call BS. I dont believe it. Am I wrong??
Gotta love how our tax dollars are spent and who they are spent on!