Hi-Point C9 Ankle Holster
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Hi-Point C9 Ankle Holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Default Hi-Point C9 Ankle Holster

Hey all,

I just wanted to stop by real quick and see if i can get some advice! So here it goes!

In reference to the C9 by Hi-Point, what have YOU found to be the most all around effective ankle holster?

Yes, I said Hi-point. Thanks ahead of time for all the helpful replys!

---BigByrd

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 05-08-2010, 01:37 PM   #2

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

I doubt you'll find anyone with real experience ankle carrying a C9. I have held one and it is a rather large and "chunky" gun - not really suited for this type of carry at all. I also doubt anyone actually makes an ankle rig for it but you can Google that yourself.

All this being said, if you're serious you could try to make your own rig using a nylon IWB (like an Uncle Mikes) and some form of elastic or velcro strap. Good luck to you on this one...

Old 05-08-2010, 02:19 PM   #3

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGIB View Post
I doubt you'll find anyone with real experience ankle carrying a C9.
Not true, any banger with an IWB holster is ankle carrying when his pants are on the ground!

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 05-08-2010, 02:30 PM   #4

Liked 23 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Not true, any banger with an IWB holster is ankle carrying when his pants are on the ground!
Yup, I'm proven wrong again...

Old 06-22-2010, 03:40 AM   #5

Likes Given: 13

Not to insult you at all, but you might want to reconsider your choice of firearm. I sell guns for a living and i would under no circumstances bet my life on a HI-Point.they are to bulky, not reliable at all, often jam. this would be today's version of a saturday night special right next to a cobra, bryco etc.

Old 06-22-2010, 05:04 AM   #6

Liked 17 Times on 9 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmhill View Post
Not to insult you at all, but you might want to reconsider your choice of firearm. I sell guns for a living and i would under no circumstances bet my life on a HI-Point.they are to bulky, not reliable at all, often jam. this would be today's version of a saturday night special right next to a cobra, bryco etc.
I also sell guns for a living.
While I have never shot a Hi Point and can't comment on the reliability, I can say I've held them and the only way that gun would be concealable on the ankle would be if you were wearing a full length 1800's style dress
Holsters that will fit a HI Point are hard enough to find, an ankle holster will probably have to be custom made.

Old 06-23-2010, 01:19 AM   #7

A friend of mine had a 9mm Hi-Point.... The darn thing jammed every other shot...... you might want to reconsider your firearm choice when it come to your life....

As far as a holster goes.... making your own or modifying one to suit your needs will be your best bet. (just like the experts above said) You might walk a little funny with that anchor on your leg though....

"I'm not worried about smart people... just stupid people with tools."

Old 06-23-2010, 04:53 AM   #8

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

As many of you know, I own the .45 Hi-Point. I see lots of responses from those who have never owned one and "they all jam". I have said this many times here before, and I will continue to say this. Mine has been reliable as I have over 2k rounds through it and I have had just a handful of fail to feed issues. This is due to cheaply made mags with weak springs. I would never carry it due to the bulk and weight, but as far as reliability, it works and still works. If your "friend" has issues with it, have him send it in for the lifetime transferrable no questions asked warranty. They will make it right. If they were as bad as those who say they are, then they would not be in business. As far as being todays Saturday Night Special, that is just dead wrong and I would say an outlandish statement to say the least. If you don't have 1st hand knowledge, then SHFU!

I also have a Springer Loaded 1911 and I have experienced the same kind of fail to feeds. For the 1911's it is called a break-in period, but for the Hi-Point, it is called POS gun. *shrug*

Still, not a carry piece in my opinion and I have said that here many times. Plinker, yes. Tackle box gun, yes. Work truck gun, yes. Carry, no.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 06-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #9

Likes Given: 13

when i refered to it as a saturday night special i was meaning mainly the price range of it.

Old 06-23-2010, 05:05 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigByrd47119 View Post
Hey all,

I just wanted to stop by real quick and see if i can get some advice! So here it goes!

In reference to the C9 by Hi-Point, what have YOU found to be the most all around effective ankle holster?

Yes, I said Hi-point. Thanks ahead of time for all the helpful replys!

---BigByrd
Hmmm BigByrd, I suggest you google up Hi-point forum and dig around over there. Should tell you all you need to know. You're just not going to get a non biased answer anywhere else. I've owned several hi-points in the past. Imo they are the "best" firearm on the market for under $175 butt... and thats a big butt; don't wear one in an ankle holster for very long as you may develope a limp!