heckler & koch usp 9mm fullsize
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > heckler & koch usp 9mm fullsize

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2011, 05:45 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default heckler & koch usp 9mm fullsize

Any recommendations for a holster to try out for carrying a usp9? Looking for a list to pick from to find my personal preference.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-12-2011, 10:39 PM   #2

There aren't many holster options for H&K usp's. Not like the plethora of holsters available for Glock, S&W, Etc...

What are you looking for? OWB, IWB, or shoulder rig? Leather or Kydex?

I am awaiting a Crossbreed 'Super Tuck' that I recently ordered for my USPc40. Pricey....that is the only complaint I've heard about that brand/model. (the wait gets some gripes too lol) So I'm confident it'll be comfortable and concealable.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

--Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Last edited by H2oWerker; 12-12-2011 at 10:45 PM.

Old 12-12-2011, 11:23 PM   #3
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3112 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

When one purchases a firearm for self defense, the holster options should be looked at first.

Some firearms (like most of H&K) do not have a readily available option for concealed carry.

And limiting yourself to one carry option is like limiting yourself to one pair of shoes.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-13-2011, 12:06 AM   #4

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
When one purchases a firearm for self defense, the holster options should be looked at first.

Quote:
Some firearms (like most of H&K) do not have a readily available option for concealed carry.
And limiting yourself to one carry option is like limiting yourself to one pair of shoes.
I think the holster makers figure after you pay for a H&K gun you can't afford a holster anyway

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-13-2011, 03:15 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY

I think the holster makers figure after you pay for a H&K gun you can't afford a holster anyway
LoL.... "Those H&K guys have such shallow pockets".... Or "they're just looking for a conversation piece and won't carry it"...

There certainly aren't any "budget" holsters for em. But I think they are represented in the catalogs of a few quality makers. Too bad they don't use the name on their websites, google doesn't find them on a simple search, and pounding the web can get tiresome. The next time I'm at Cabela's I'll check what brand shoulder holster they had for the USP.

Of course he hasn't replied as to weather he may want an OWB. There are more options for that.

"How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual..."

Old 12-13-2011, 08:30 PM   #6

http://www.hkpro.com/forum/saddlery/130548-holster-maker-directory.html

Old 12-13-2011, 09:47 PM   #7
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3112 Times on 1788 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

Heck, just go get some of Uncle Mike's generic holsters.
Then you have OWB, IWB, Shoulder, Ankle, or anything you want.

It may not be the best choice, may not be comforting, may be hard to draw from, but they work.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 12-15-2011, 01:22 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjames1009
Any recommendations for a holster to try out for carrying a usp9? Looking for a list to pick from to find my personal preference.
I have a fobus kydex holster that's owb. I was thinking of adding an iwb holster as they can be more easily concealed. But then again a fullsize may be tough to conceal in any rig.