I saw a thread for a, "You know you're a spy if..." and thought it would be fun (and insightful) to make one for "healthy paranoia." This is a checklist, but more about that voice in the back of your head that tells you that something is not quite right. You do listen to that voice, right??
Would enjoy hearing what you would add...
When you walk into a store or restaurant, do you:
* Check off one-by-one everyone inside and assess threat level?
* Assess exits for retreat options?
* Assess entrances and keep them at your 10-2?
* Assess cover and barricades?
When the door bell rings at your home, do you:
* Briefly cover the peephole with a finger while standing to the side?
* Always use the peephole before audibly challenging the visitor?
* Free your firearm from its holster (you do carry inside your home, right)?
When entering a parking lot, do you:
* Check your rear-view mirror as you approach for signs of being followed?
* Circle the parking lot once before parking?
* Park at a distance from other cars?
* Strategically park depending upon environment (doors as barricade/easy exit)?
When exiting your vehicle, do you:
* Assess the area for persons of interest?
When returning to your car, do you:
* Visually sweep the parking lot for people deserving more attention?
* Keep your hands free?
* Inspect your rear seat before entering?
When driving home after leaving work, do you:
* Randomly choose alternate routes?
* Vary your arrival time?
* Circle your home and assess before entering your driveway?