Originally Posted by therewolf
Once again, not going to tell you what to do, but what I do.
1) Keep my phone more accessible than my CCW, and try to call 911,first,
2) Stay aware of my surroundings and the people in them.
3) Always remember I am NOT the CIA, FBI, LE, a PI, The A-Team,
Captain America, Deputy Dawg, or even Danger Mouse. Your CCW permit
came with a letter which clearly states you are not to take it upon yourself to
act as an arm of the law.
4) As a last resort, BEFORE shooting my attacker, if I feel my life is
threatened, attempt to avoid killing the person by letting them know I am
5) Remember, if I pull the trigger, I can pretty much kiss the gun goodbye,
at the very least. Call my attorney, keep my mouth shut, let the Police know
I feel sick and want to go either to the hospital for treatment, or home to
BTW, if this co-worker knows so much, why isn't he an attorney?
1. I keep my CC on my hip, it's always there my cell phone ends up where I have a pocket for it.
3. I know I'm not any of those but didn't get the letter
4. Oh hell no! I'm not going to waist the few seconds to express I am armed. If it comes to that point the time for words has passed.
5. Kiss that gun good bye for awhile, if justified you will get your gun back. Say as little as needed and have your attorney say the rest. Your not going to walk away from a shooting with out giving some details.