Have you ever had to draw your weapon? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Have you ever had to draw your weapon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2010, 02:18 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger79 View Post
I practice as much as I can really. As far as training goes I'm all for it believe me. Work schedule and being a single father to 2 children hampers things sometimes. I've been reading, reading, reading and reading some more. I try to get to my local range at least once a week. Fortunately my girlfriends father has handled firearms his entire life and has given me a lot of pointers.
Well he has already put in more training the the state of AZ requires, 8 hours of legal lecture and 5 at 5yds, 5 at 10 yds, 70% accuracy. Also I think he has done more than half the people I ever cert. CCW.

But don't let that go to your head, just cause you have done good, keep it up, it is a responsibilty to carry, and make sure to practice weapon retention if you can, most dangerous part of OC.

Welcome to FTF

Old 03-31-2010, 08:11 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by EiteCombat View Post
Shouldn't the police be announcing themselves when damn near breaking down someones door? They scared the crap out of me and my girlfriend and I believe they should have announced that they were PD, especially after I asked.
Would you have believed them? What happened to your peephole?

Old 04-01-2010, 01:04 AM   #23

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

For some reason mine was the only apt. on my floor with no peephole. Not a great place. I moved when my lease was up.

Old 04-01-2010, 01:30 AM   #24

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Yup this went ghey quickly as predicted by Skull bro...

Old 04-01-2010, 01:56 AM   #25

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by carloglock19 View Post
You can also try A&P Arms on Lynnhaven they hold CCW classes as well! I like their range set up.
I hate the A&P in Hampton. Every time I go in there they seem bothered to have me in there as a customer. I was there with cash in hand looking to walk out the door with a 1911 that day and one of the guys behind the counter wouldn't even be bothered to answer a few simple questions. An earlier time I was looking for some ammo and when I inquired the guy responded look for yourself, never mind that you can't read anything in there because of the dim lighting.

A lot of gun shops around Virginia are their own worst enemy

Old 04-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #26

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I traced mine once but it started to really scare me so I stopped just before finishing. I've never tried to draw one freehand. Sadly, I have absolutely no artistic talent.

People get the government they deserve.