Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Have you ever had to draw your weapon?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 03:00 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 59

Default Have you ever had to draw your weapon?

I was wondering if anyone has ever had to draw there weapon. Be it in your residence, public area, parking lot etc. I purchased my first hand gun a few months ago and have been open carrying in a holster since. I haven't had the chance to take the CCW class. Damn employment! Always getting in the way of fun.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-29-2010, 04:11 PM   #2

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Oh, where to start?

Your first handgun, no training and you're open carrying.

You must be a freakin martial arts expert then. I say that because if someone walks up behind you while you're distracted, they'll have your gun or you'll be in the struggle of your life for it.

Get some training, get a concealed carry permit and practice, practice, practice.

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #3

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

There is not a single documented case of somebody other than a police officer attempting to disarm a lawful OCer in Virginia.

I'm not disagreeing on the training aspect, but there is no real need for CHP, just make sure you don't come within 1000 feet of a school zone while armed. I've found Williamsburg to be a very friendly toward open carriers and with the new national park rules its even better because you don't have to worry about accidentally finding yourself in one of the numerous national parks in the area.

Superior Pawn in Hampton runs training courses on a regular basis and they're one of the friendliest FFLs I've encountered in Hampton Roads.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:40 PM   #4

Yes, I have.....

Old 03-29-2010, 04:41 PM   #5

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger79 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has ever had to draw there weapon. Be it in your residence, public area, parking lot etc. I purchased my first hand gun a few months ago and have been open carrying in a holster since. I haven't had the chance to take the CCW class. Damn employment! Always getting in the way of fun.
No offense, but we've been down this path on this forum several times. Usually it gets into some argueing and once in a while some troll posts some bs story that gets picked aprart like an injured deer and a pack of wolves.

I think you'll find that most LEO's here have pulled their service guns several times and most regular citizens hope they never have to.

From C3Shooter:
Skullcrusher, you are evil, sick, demented, twisted- and my hero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
...without the Second, we cannot protect the rest!

Old 03-29-2010, 04:42 PM   #6

Liked 21 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skullcrusher View Post
No offense, but we've been down this path on this forum several times. Usually it gets into some argueing and once in a while some troll posts some bs story that gets picked aprart like an injured deer and a pack of wolves.

I think you'll find that most LEO's here have pulled their service guns several times and most regular citizens hope they never have to.
Amen. Let's not have an open vs concealed carry debate either...

Old 03-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #7

Liked 31 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Yup! Been there, done with that!

People get the government they deserve.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:16 PM   #8

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I practice as much as I can really. As far as training goes I'm all for it believe me. Work schedule and being a single father to 2 children hampers things sometimes. I've been reading, reading, reading and reading some more. I try to get to my local range at least once a week. Fortunately my girlfriends father has handled firearms his entire life and has given me a lot of pointers.

Old 03-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #9

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I have to agree Superior pawn is a great place. I havent been to the one in Hampton yet but I will say the location in Virginia Beach rocks!

Old 03-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mudslinger79 View Post
I have to agree Superior pawn is a great place. I havent been to the one in Hampton yet but I will say the location in Virginia Beach rocks!

You can also try A&P Arms on Lynnhaven they hold CCW classes as well! I like their range set up. I'm still waiting on my CCW permit. The way I look at it if you have to draw your weapon (have drawn weapon before over in the sand) than you must have exhausted all means or you feel your life or family members are in danger. I havent had the chance to open carry here at the beach I have only seen 1 person OC since I've been in the area during last holiday season. I think I would get the police called on me very quickly if I OCd (i'm clean cut military but still), maybe I will try Starbucks!LOL