Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Have you ever had to draw on someone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2011, 10:54 PM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1137 Times on 557 Posts
Likes Given: 72

Sitting in a barber chair with the sheet on me when a guy started ranting and raving about the cops being after him and he either had to give them a reason to find him or get some money to leave. I pulled my 38 out of my pocket and held it under the sheet. The barber, who apparantly knew him pretty well. talked him down.

I put the handgun away and the barber finished the cut. Damn glad that is all it was. Probably should find another barber, but like him, and just try to pick times that these knuckleheads are not there.

Like Cane, I try to be aware of where I am, and who is around. I also am old enough that I am rarely out late or in the areas that things have a higher probability of happening.

Old 10-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #32

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

Another time a similar incident occurred was when I was sitting in a guard shack. I don't consider it "drawing" because it was my Mossberg. Both weapons I used to deescalate situations are in the same pic in my album. The movies are all true, once the scumbag is looking down the barrel of a nasty sounding lead dispenser he immediately becomes your best friend.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 10-17-2011, 12:51 AM   #33

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

First, let me say that I'm 65 years old. I have had the misfortune to
be involved in two shootings. Both times I was fortunate (and quick)
enough to fire first. Both individuals survived, how I don't know. I
learned a lot about what a person does when shot. Not like TV at
all.

Certified in napping
Certified in BBQ on the Green Egg

Old 10-17-2011, 01:28 AM   #34

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Theres some good stories here. Well good that we all have survived the encounter.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

Old 10-17-2011, 12:24 PM   #35

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

No thank God, I couldn't agree with Crane more, avoidance if at all possible....if not then win with the training that I have invested.

Old 10-28-2011, 12:27 AM   #36

Default Didnt draw

But I have "displayed" in the holster with my hand on the grip in 2 seperate instances. That was enough to discourage the would be bad guys both times. Each incident involved multiple bad guys. One incident was 2 and the other 3, both times in parking lots. Criminals are like hyenas, they wait until they perceive their prey to be distracted or vulnerable. Thing is, I'm a pretty big guy, but I believe our society has been so twisted that a lot of criminals know that people are, in many cases, afraid to defend themselves for fear of the law coming down on them. I did have an incident in the service many years ago when I was forced to use a knife to defend myself against (again) multiple assailants. I was cornered and the only othet option was being robbed and suffering a severe beating or worse. I chose to defend myself..i will say this..no one died, bad guys scream like little girls when stabbed in the armpit, and the Gerber Guardian is a damn fine defensive tool.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:17 AM   #37

Liked 741 Times on 435 Posts
Likes Given: 958

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Whenever someone passes out on the couch we all draw on him.....ooohhh my gun...THANK GOD NO!!!
Ha..Ha.. LMAO , I might never get the chance, anybody that comes near my house... the dogs get them, thats why i cant get anybody to come visit me, i cant order a pizza, i have to take my trash to the dump,and i have to go to the post office to get my mail.

The Founders DID anticipate that arms technology would advance, that's why the 2nd amendment doesn't say "the right to keep and bear a musket".......

Old 10-30-2011, 04:13 PM   #38

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by readygirl

Ha..Ha.. LMAO , I might never get the chance, anybody that comes near my house... the dogs get them, thats why i cant get anybody to come visit me, i cant order a pizza, i have to take my trash to the dump,and i have to go to the post office to get my mail.
What kind of dogs are they?

Old 10-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #39

Liked 9193 Times on 5052 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
What kind of dogs are they?

Sound like the liability type to me. But, to each their own. I had a dog that absolutely hated black people and Jehovah's Witnesses. Both groups just learned to stay the hell away.

Old 10-30-2011, 04:40 PM   #40

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex1310 View Post
... two shootings. Both times I was fortunate (and quick)enough to fire first. Both individuals survived, how I don't know. I learned a lot about what a person does when shot. Not like TV at all.
I'm interested in what you learned.... Please expound if you feel to...

"If the Earth were made of gold, I guess men would kill for a handful of dirt." - Gary Cooper's last line in the movie THE GARDEN OF EVIL