Have you ever had to draw on someone? - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Have you ever had to draw on someone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2011, 08:26 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 160

I have with my G.I., people start making wiser life choices when confronted by a muzzle so wide they can see the Winchester Ranger smiling at them

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

Old 10-15-2011, 08:35 PM   #22

Liked 27 Times on 21 Posts

I'll share. Never have drawn and used my firearm on anyone as a "civilian" yet.

As Cane has mentioned, I too believe in Situational Awareness and key signals of one's body language and movement. I avoid confrontation if possible, and luckily, it seems to avoid me as well. As stated above, I only use my concealed firearm as a last defense. I do have some other first line offensive/defensive skill sets, I can utilize rather proficiency.

Now, I have taken away several handguns/rifles and knives from other people and used them defensively on them....but again, not yet in the "civilian" sector.

I still am just as prepared though...if the time ever comes.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 10-15-2011, 09:11 PM   #23
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2370 Times on 1281 Posts
Likes Given: 679

A guy with a knife tried to car jack me. He took off when he saw the muzzle on my 380 pointed at his head as he was trying to get in the car. His intent was to take me along with the car. That was a long time ago and I have not had to draw my pistol since but I still carry. I learned to be a lot more aware of risks.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I was taught to respect my elders but they are getting harder to find.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:42 PM   #24

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

I have a funny one about a friend.

My buddy stopped to get gas in Whitehaven MS just south of Memphis TN, and while he was sitting there sideways in the seat with his door open, a man came up WITH A STICK, and demanded his money and keys.
Ole' boy reached under the seat and grabbed a GLOCK .40, and the guy took off running. So dude stands up, and yells "BANG!!", and the wannabe carjacker feinted, fell flat on his face, right in the middle of a 5 lane street. Didn't move, he was out cold.

Old 10-15-2011, 09:51 PM   #25

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
I have a funny one about a friend.

My buddy stopped to get gas in Whitehaven MS just south of Memphis TN, and while he was sitting there sideways in the seat with his door open, a man came up WITH A STICK, and demanded his money and keys.
Ole' boy reached under the seat and grabbed a GLOCK .40, and the guy took off running. So dude stands up, and yells "BANG!!", and the wannabe carjacker feinted, fell flat on his face, right in the middle of a 5 lane street. Didn't move, he was out cold.
To bad he didnt get ran over while he was laying there

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-15-2011, 09:53 PM   #26

Would have been nice, my buddy said the guy was still laying there when he finished getting gas and drove off.
Yeah It's that kind of area, folks wont stop to check on you even if your laying in the middle of the street.

Old 10-15-2011, 10:43 PM   #27

Liked 1012 Times on 607 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286
Would have been nice, my buddy said the guy was still laying there when he finished getting gas and drove off.
Yeah It's that kind of area, folks wont stop to check on you even if your laying in the middle of the street.
You cant size someone up by their attitude, alot of guys like that are all show and no go. If i think that im gonna have a problem with someone i evaluate them by their demeanor and the way that they carry theirself not how badass they think they are

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #28

I have been carrying a gun for over 25 years. 10 years as a police officer and I have aimed it at a lot of people over the years. Off-duty and in civilian life, I have pulled it probably 4 times.

Once I was driving home and I guess a guy had a bad day. He started serving behind me for whatever reason, but the traffic on the small 2-lane road really didn't allow for him to pass or me to let him. After 5 minutes we got to a point in the road where there was more room and I moved over to let him pass. As he got beside me he served and almost hit me. Of course he only had one hand on the wheel as he was gesturing to me at the time. Once he got in front, instead of driving on, he started slamming on the brakes. I refused to play along and just pulled to the shoulder of the road to wait and let him get some distance. Unfortunately, he pulled over too. I stayed in the car and pulled my .45 from my waistband and kept it below his line of view. I hoped he'd flip me off and drive away. He got out of his car and had a tire tool. I was not going to let him trap me in the car. They tell you in the police academy, don't let your car be your coffin.

So after he made it past the trunk of his car, I got out aimed at him and said "Stop, or die." I didn't yell or scream and spoke clearly and loudly enough to know that he could hear me. He stopped and I could tell he had a sudden moment of clarity as his facial expression changed, he said "thank you" and turned, walked back to his car and got in and drove away. For me it wasn't a real standout moment, but for him, I think it was substantial.

Over the years I can tell you from experience that stupid, drunk, and drugged people have no fear of a weapon. If you pull it on one of them, be prepared to use it because they will almost always challenge you on it.

- Craig

Old 10-15-2011, 11:14 PM   #29

@craig, it's a good thing he walked away, because that was no kidding and most definitely a "shoot to stop the threat" situation.

One thing many of us don't think about, the OP did it, my friend did not, nor did I with the knife but I really wasn't able, is VOCAL COMMANDS.

They CAN mean the difference between someone living and dying.

Old 10-16-2011, 12:09 AM   #30

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

No ive never had too but only been carrying for about 6 years.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380