Have you ever had to draw on someone? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Have you ever had to draw on someone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Sounds like the perp got what he needed. Glad to hear it didn't become more than what it was.

Old 10-14-2011, 05:58 PM   #12

Liked 77 Times on 44 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
Sounds like the perp got what he needed. Glad to hear it didn't become more than what it was.
It's amazing how many stupid people are out there. I stand six six. This guy was maybe five ten. Even with a knife, what possessed him to decide I looked like a good victim?
Most people think I'm 'scary looking', because I seem to be scowling all the time.
Not bragging. Just stating what I've been told. And the tattoo's don't help.

Old 10-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #13

Haha i wish i knew what went through peoples minds when i comes to who is a better victim.

Old 10-15-2011, 01:38 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 142 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Only to back up a lone Highway Patrolman on a Felony Stop. Covered the Perp while the Patrolman cuffed & searched him. I was off duty and out of uniform.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:25 AM   #15

It seems to me that more stuff happens to me off duty than on duty.

Old 10-15-2011, 02:35 AM   #16

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

In the capacity as a deputy...a few hundred people have seen the business end of my G31..off duty... I have had to draw down on a few people...as a normal civilian...no i have not had to

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 10-15-2011, 02:39 AM   #17

On duty is understandable. Thats part of the job. What about fellow officers? Do you find yourself in **** off duty?

Old 10-15-2011, 04:28 AM   #18

Liked 184 Times on 134 Posts
Likes Given: 185

To answer the question yes I have to draw on someone my best friend was past out drunk on a couch and I couldn't help it.

But seriously I have, me and my brother in law where out hunting on some property (we had the owners permission) late end of the day we were walking out we see a guy we don't know the owner had told us we were the only people hunting out there at the time so we didn't know who the hell this guy was. I had my model 66 on my side we got close enough to talk when we asked him his name he went to swing around (he did fastly) with a shotgun in his hand. I didn't even really think I just drew and cocked the hammer, I yelled drop it he dropped the gun as soon as he saw that I already had my gun on him. We took him to the owners house they didn't even know who he was cops got there a few minutes later the gun he had was stolen he had a few warrants out on him so they took him to jail.

I hate poachers with a passion, that is the only time I have ever had to draw my gun.

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Old 10-15-2011, 04:45 AM   #19

Liked 22 Times on 10 Posts

On duty yes. Off duty no. I didn't grow up in a bad part of town, but the buses started bringing the trash in from downtown. So, I moved and friends and family visit come the twenty minutes to my part of town. Much safer.

Old 10-15-2011, 06:17 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I've been carrying for 38 years. About 25 years ago, I pulled up to a stop sign behind another car. After a bit without movement, I gave a little toot on my horn. The driver's door popped open and this ratty-looking person jumped out with a 3' axe handle. He raised it over his head and started walking towards my truck. I had a Colt satin nickel Commander in .45ACP tucked in my belt, so I pulled it out, thumbed the hammer back and stuck it out the window and said" I wouldn't." He continued walking towards me, but stopped just at the point where his next step would be his last, and looked me dead in the eye, stopped, turned away.He got back in his car (with5-6 other guys)and left.
Looking back on it, there were some other things I could have done that would have been tactically better. For example, Beating a hasty retreat never crossed my mind, now it would, now, I would be wearing my gun in a holster. At the time left-hand holsters and ambi-safeties were just not available where I lived.
I believe that when he looked in my eyes he could read my intention and didn't want to be dead. I never even thought about any other plan, and never even made a conscious decision about what I would do. It's like I was on auto-pilot. I had no fear either. I knew to a certanty that I was being attacked with a lethal weapon, and he, apparently,understood, that his attack would unsuccessful, and that he would die if he continued his attack.

When we went our separate ways, I pulled over in a parking lot, and the shakes from the adrenalin dump hit me so hard, it took a half hour to calm down.

Enemies of the United States:hunt them down, kill them all.War to the knife, knife to the hilt.