Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Have you ever had to draw on someone?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 03:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Default Have you ever had to draw on someone?

I would like to hear your story of drawing your concealed weapon.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-14-2011, 03:32 PM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5302 Times on 2768 Posts
Likes Given: 334

Twice neither time had to shoot the guy

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 10-14-2011, 03:34 PM   #3

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Whenever someone passes out on the couch we all draw on him.....ooohhh my gun...THANK GOD NO!!!

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 10-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2579 Times on 1291 Posts
Likes Given: 245

Only in the artistic sense.
Don't pass out in the dorm common areas...

NRA Life Member

"If you put the federal government in charge of the Sahara Desert, in 5 years there'd be a shortage of sand."
Milton Friedman

Old 10-14-2011, 03:47 PM   #5

Liked 9199 Times on 5056 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Whenever someone passes out on the couch we all draw on him.....ooohhh my gun...THANK GOD NO!!!
Thanks for the laugh.

Outside of combat in Iraq and Afghanistan, I have drawn a knife on a person and had to use it.

I was wandering around in a town I will leave unnamed (I was young, dumb, and drinking underage, so I left the scene. I'm not proud of it), when my friend stumbled out into the street. A car swerved around him, and then ran up on the curb. 4 guys got out and started towards us yelling that they were going to "eff us up". My buddy (who totally left me hanging and still gets crap for it to this day) took off running. I tried to follow, was too slow, and found myself getting the snot beat out of me by 4 guys. I pulled my USMC Ka-Bar and stuck it into the gut of the nearest guy all the way to the hilt.

His friends dragged him to the car (after kicking me in the face a couple times) and left, I hope to take him to the hospital.

And then I ran.

Old 10-14-2011, 03:52 PM   #6

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

No, I have not. My philosophy is, if I draw my gun my training has failed me! I'm a true believer in Situational Awareness.

Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

In the immortal words of Clint Smith, "The #1 rule of a gun fight is to AVOID IT! The best example of good training is to never get in a fight."

Most folks believe the first rule of a gunfight is to have a gun. That is not correct! Clint Smith would be the first to tell you, "Gunfighting Rule No. 1 is if there is any way possible to avoid a gunfight, do it. Anyone carrying a firearm for self defense who doesn't adhere to this rule needs to re-think the whole aspect of carrying."

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-14-2011, 03:56 PM   #7

The reason I ask is because i have had to draw on someone before. I had an incident last night at my local 7-11. It was about 11:15pm last night, i was on my way home from my friends house. I was low on gas so i stopped at the closest gas station. I went inside to get a drink and pay for my gas. While i was over by the refrigerated side of the store picking between a&w root beer or a water, I heard a male voice yelling at the clerk. i never saw him come in, but he seemed upset that he couldn't buy cigs because he did have an id on him. The clerk politely said " I'm sorry i can't sell them to you without an id" The customer did appear to be of age but i guess its the policy. The customer then left the store.
As i start walking up the isle to go pay for my a&w the customer comes back in not 15 seconds later with a hoodie on and hands in the front pockets. He demanded the clerk the give him 5 cartons of cigs or "he would blow him away". I don't know if this punk had seen me over by the drinks or not but he didn't seem to have any interest in me. I then knelt down put my drink on the ground and crawled to the back behind a coolers light display. I drew my gun, stood up and was on target when i yelled
"let me see your hands"
The customer turned around in shock. We stood looking at each other for what seemed like an eternity. I shouted to him " if you have a gun and you make any movements that i don't like ill shoot you" The customer bolted of the door faster than i could blink. I told the clerk to lock the door and call the cops. Cops arrive a few minutes later. i give a statement and they watch the tape. Its now 11:55 and i ask the clerk if he could ring me up for my gas and drink. The clerk said "its on the house, thank you again".

So thats my story I just glad i didn't have to shoot. That would have ruined my night.

Old 10-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #8

Default Not sure what I can ad

but it sounds like it all worked out all right.

Party on Wayne! Party on Garth !

Old 10-14-2011, 04:43 PM   #9

Everything did work out just fine. Im still alive and so is everyone else that was involved

Old 10-14-2011, 05:47 PM   #10

Liked 47 Times on 34 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Should I have drawn? I'd say no. I carry as a fall back. It's the ultimate last resort, and, much like Cane said, using the gun is a last resort.
Let me preface by stating I have training in hand to hand and learned well in the service.
Idiot me decided to take a 'short cut', which I know better than.
Man pulled knife and came at me. I didn't have time to even think about my sidearm, and resorted to training. Man wound up with a broken wrist for his trouble, and I didn't see a need to press the issue, as the fight was out of him.
While calling the cops, he ran off. I let him go, because quite simply, I am not interested in trying to run down an idiot.
Gave the cops the account of the attempted mugging, they took the report and never heard from them again.
The sidearm is a last resort for me. I carry, but have no desire to use it. Buying a firearm and thinking that is the end of it, you're prepared, is probably one of the worst mistakes someone can make.
I practice routinely, but I also practice hand to hand. Fortunately, my sons are both large men like me, and we spar regularly, practicing self defense.
One should be capable of using if needed, but should assess the situation before resorting to a sidearm.
The primary reason I carry is because of my line of work doesn't give me the option of picking and choosing what neighborhoods I am in. So...it is my fall back last resort.
Fortunately, it's spent it's life in the holster, which is where I hope it remains.