Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Hanity Interviews George Zimmerman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2012, 03:05 PM   #11
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 688 Times on 506 Posts
Likes Given: 211

Exactly right GnRnr. If you have concealed carry and have the oppotunity to get out, you must do so. Be a good witness!

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 07-19-2012, 03:14 PM   #12
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1992 Times on 1080 Posts
Likes Given: 716

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunRunner View Post
I think its sad that this has been made into a racial issue. I think Zimmerman is guilty not because the victim was black but because Zimmerman was the antagonist in the equation. You can not pick a fight that you can't win without the use of deadly force and claim it was your only recourse. Zimmerman actions were that of a Hunter, he stalked his prey and when the situation was turned he tries to become the victim. If Zimmerman never engaged Martin, Martin would have made it home with his skittles and sweet tea in time to catch the second half of the game. Zimmerman had no authority or justification to stop, question, stalk, or interrogate anyone as a self appointed neighborhood watch man. Even this mans community is not behind his actions or supported the fact that he was walking around their neighborhood carring a gun. But everyone only see color, I just see the facts of the situation, unfortunately the victim is dead and only Zimmerman's voice is being heard. If Zimmerman wad black, I would feel the same way. Why does racial ignorance still an issue in today's society? People are people.
If Zimmerman did initiate the contact, then you are right. The issue is that we don't know if he approached him and initiated the altercation. We know he followed Martin, and he says he stopped following him and returned to his truck and that Martin then began pursuing him.

The truth of that account will be the lynchpin of the trial. If Zimmerman broke off following Martin and returned to his truck, then Martin became the aggressor and it truly was self-defense. If Zimmerman did not stop following Martin and approached him, then it's manslaughter at least.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Regent Holdings What you need to know about silver, gold, and the economy.

Join the NRA

Old 07-19-2012, 03:33 PM   #13

Liked 190 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 89

Quote:
Zimmerman was the antagonist in the equation. You can not pick a fight that you can't win without the use of deadly force and claim it was your only recourse.
It doesn't sound like at the root of this he picked a fight. Yes, he followed. In hindsight that may have been poor judgment. But he didn't go up to Martin, grab his shoulder, and swing a punch. That's just not how it happened.

Once Zimmerman got too close for Martin's comfort, Martin became the aggressor. He was neither the "antagonist" nor the one who "pick(ed) a fight."

Your view of the events are the same view that has lead so many to prejudge Zimmerman guilty. And then add in the racist glasses through which so many PC citizens view this event, and they believe he is guilty as hell.

Zimmerman's life as he knew it is over because he defended himself against a street thug who was no longer the sweet little boy the media is still leading the community to believe.

2 Chron. 7:14 Christians must seek His face

Old 07-19-2012, 04:02 PM   #14
fmj

Liked 749 Times on 433 Posts
Likes Given: 306

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger-6 View Post
Zimmerman needs to shut up...
^^^ FACT!!! ^^^

What the hell was Zimmermans lawyer thinking allowing ANY interview before the trial!?!?

The 1911: Turning useless trash into good fertilizer for over 100 years!!

Old 07-19-2012, 04:26 PM   #15

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Rigjumpr
Texas CHL Instructor, NRA Handgun Instructor,
Owner Operator- DefenderTX Concealed Handgun training
“American by birth Texan by the grace of God”
“Molon labe”
http://www.ebay.com/itm/151001455519?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p39 84.m1555.l2649

Old 07-19-2012, 05:35 PM   #16

Liked 4424 Times on 2146 Posts
Likes Given: 1313

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris View Post
It doesn't sound like at the root of this he picked a fight. Yes, he followed. In hindsight that may have been poor judgment. But he didn't go up to Martin, grab his shoulder, and swing a punch. That's just not how it happened.

Once Zimmerman got too close for Martin's comfort, Martin became the aggressor. He was neither the "antagonist" nor the one who "pick(ed) a fight."

Your view of the events are the same view that has lead so many to prejudge Zimmerman guilty. And then add in the racist glasses through which so many PC citizens view this event, and they believe he is guilty as hell.

Zimmerman's life as he knew it is over because he defended himself against a street thug who was no longer the sweet little boy the media is still leading the community to believe.
^^THIS^^

Zim only exited his vehicle to observe Martin direction of travel. Remember, he was still on the Phone with 911 at trying to let LEO's know which direction the suspect was heading.

Zim's vehicle was parked behind the row houses were address are not visible. As Martin appeared to take off down the street, Zim, Still talking to 911, broke off tailing Martin as directed and cut between 2 row houses to get to the front of the buildings so he could read the exact address for the operator.

Upon doing this and putting his phone away he was quickly approached by Martin, struck in the face, knocked to the ground, and continued to be beaten by Martin. Zim did not go for his gun until Martin notices the gun and reached for it himself.

These statements from last nights interview are consistant with the press conference given by Zimmermans first attorney, statements from the 1 eye witness, and the limited amount of info released by the authorities.

I maintain that Zim will be acquitted and hope he sues Florida for wrongful prosecution.

I'd like to see every American DA receive a multi million dollar wake up call in regards to filing BS charges in order to placate a vocal minority race pimp like Sharpton.

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 07-19-2012 at 05:39 PM.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:50 PM   #17

Quote:
I think its sad that this has been made into a racial issue. I think Zimmerman is guilty not because the victim was black but because Zimmerman was the antagonist in the equation. You can not pick a fight that you can't win without the use of deadly force and claim it was your only recourse. Zimmerman actions were that of a Hunter, he stalked his prey and when the situation was turned he tries to become the victim. If Zimmerman never engaged Martin, Martin would have made it home with his skittles and sweet tea in time to catch the second half of the game. Zimmerman had no authority or justification to stop, question, stalk, or interrogate anyone as a self appointed neighborhood watch man. Even this mans community is not behind his actions or supported the fact that he was walking around their neighborhood carring a gun. But everyone only see color, I just see the facts of the situation, unfortunately the victim is dead and only Zimmerman's voice is being heard. If Zimmerman wad black, I would feel the same way. Why does racial ignorance still an issue in today's society? People are people.
Unfortunately, it sounds like the facts you see come from NBC news.

There is NO EVEDENCE that Zimmerman approached, engaged, or touched Martin.

Martin had every opportunity to keep walking or to call 911 himself if he felt threatened.

Actual facts indicate that he doubled back, engaged and attacked Zimmerman, and paid for it with his life.

It's tragic that a 17 year old is dead. It's more tragic that some people would see an innocent man loose his freedom rather than speak the truth about the thug/entitlement culture that produced a young man who thought it was acceptably to double back and attack rather than just continue walking home.

Tack

Old 07-19-2012, 06:16 PM   #18
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2153 Times on 1073 Posts
Likes Given: 1098

TAC,

After watching the interview and being a retired 27 year LE vet myself! I feel he possibly acted appropriately considering the totality of the circumstances that took place! As he stated, he was going to get back on the phone and 30 seconds later after Martin started the wise A-- Punk traditional confrontational response "Man what is your problem?" Which I wish I had a dime for every time I have heard that one! He then confronted Zimmerman. And at that time there was no physical contact to warrant anything but verbal confrontation as "Martin then chose" to punch Zimmerman and brake his nose. Then took him to the ground as Zimmerman was calling for help (as was "Recorded"!) and from there Martin began to bash his head on the ground as his aggressive severe assault continued on Zimmerman. The moment he would have broken my nose and then grabbed me going to the round I would have smoked his A right then instead of still allowing him to ground pound me and as stated, possibly tried to suffocate Zimmerman screaming shut up! You are going to die MF! What was he supposed to do. As I said even the issues leading up to the physical confrontation did not warrant the action taken by Martin. I also think it is a racist political witch hunt.
I do not think in anyway on Zimmerman's part in the incident was racist. In fact probably Martin if anyone had a racial issue. On my off duty hours I worked as security for a apartment complex that had around 1400 residents. And frequently observed and followed and inquired of people that were suspect. And especialy when we had a rash of incidents. And similar to the the Zimmerman case where there had been several burglaries in the immediate area which he was made aware of.
I hope the real truth comes out and if he is innocent he walks. I do not want to see an innocent man's life and family ruined to satisfy political and racial issues. This after the interview is my gut feelings at this time.

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 07-19-2012, 06:59 PM   #19

I concur with your current assessment. As stated, I predict Zimmerman will be acquitted and only hope that the likes of Sharpton and Jackson understand that Florida 2012 IS NOT Los Angeles ala Rodney King.

The proliferation of CCW and stand your ground laws in today's world would see shop owners and home owners defending there property with a substantial "protestor" body count.

I pray calmer heads prevail and ^^THIS^^ does not come to pass.

Tack

Old 07-19-2012, 07:12 PM   #20

Liked 48 Times on 38 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHLChris

I find it funny that my assumption are wrong but your assumption are what makes you think he is innocent.

So what makes him a street thug exactly? Smoking a little weed? Well Bill Clinton must be a triple O.G.