Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Handgun safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2010, 04:40 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 999 Times on 588 Posts
Likes Given: 312

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
We have been offering discounts on various sites to get our product out there and so people can see the value in our product. Use coupon code FAS1GPS during checkout at our online store for a 25% discount. Feel free to pass it on. As materials from all our suppliers are going up we won't be able to offer this discount much longer at our current prices. Thanks for considering our product.
I appreciate the info. I am considering it, I like the idea that when the safe opens the handgun is positioned to be pulled automatically. I see this as a nicety in a bedroom but as a serious advantage if it were used in a car.

"Good people drink good beer."
Hunter S. Thompson

Old 04-21-2010, 04:48 PM   #22

Liked 24 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 7

This box was actually designed to be used in a home or office and is a liitle large to fit in a lot of vehicles. Some customers have mounted it in various cars and trucks so they can secure their handgun when they need to leave it there. Given a choice, I would always prefer to have my gun on me when driving. Depending on what you drive, it can possibly be mounted in a place that's accessible since it can be attached horizontally or vertically.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 04-22-2010, 12:12 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackg View Post
I think you have really narrowed your market segment even with a 25% discount.
Very true. The market always narrows with quality and price. Unfortunately they go hand in hand. I'm not saying anything about build quality of other products, simply the price of the components and labor used. There is a ton of inexpensive lighter duty boxes available. None of those were what I was looking for so decided to build what I wanted. Many of our customers would agree and purchase our box because it is strong. My goal is not to simply sell boxes for the sake of profit. If that were the case it would be a completely different box. I want to provide a box that is at least a little more resistant to prying, etc. than the typical 16 ga. box. Our box will never be able to compete in that segment.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 04-22-2010, 06:30 PM   #24

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Very true. The market always narrows with quality and price. Unfortunately they go hand in hand. I'm not saying anything about build quality of other products, simply the price of the components and labor used. There is a ton of inexpensive lighter duty boxes available. None of those were what I was looking for so decided to build what I wanted. Many of our customers would agree and purchase our box because it is strong. My goal is not to simply sell boxes for the sake of profit. If that were the case it would be a completely different box. I want to provide a box that is at least a little more resistant to prying, etc. than the typical 16 ga. box. Our box will never be able to compete in that segment.
It was not my intent to discount your product at all & if that's how you took it then I'm sorry, my bad.
There's nothing at all wrong with it from what I see, I actually would like to own one, it's just out of my price range, that's all.
jack

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Old 04-22-2010, 06:58 PM   #25

No apology needed and I didn't feel discounted at all. Just wanted to explain why our price is where it is. I know we could get them made in China and the price would probably drop some, but I would rather build them here as long as we can. Thanks for your interest and I hope to have you as a customer some day.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 04-22-2010, 07:04 PM   #26

I sort of stand by the advice of "putting it out of reach" BUT Maddox (who is 2) has gotten to the top of the entertainment center, fridge, and our big safe in our room. All of these things are taller than I am and he is never alone longer than it takes me to use the restroom. do not underestimate determination in the very young

Old 08-02-2010, 05:24 PM   #27

Default FAS1 Safe - 35% Discount Through 8-15-2010!

Quote:
We have been offering discounts on various sites to get our product out there and so people can see the value in our product. Use coupon code FAS1GPS during checkout at our online store for a 25% discount. Feel free to pass it on. Thanks for considering our product.
This code is now good for an additional 10% discount through 8-15-2010 with the introduction of our new FAS1-TL safe. All the same features as our original FAS1 safe with a different holster designed for your handgun with a tactical light mounted to the rail.

35% discount good on all products through 8-15-2010.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 08-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #28

Default a empty gun is useless

Quote:
Originally Posted by 223fever View Post
Check out. ADG sports model number 33018. I have this safe and love it. Has 5 digit combination on 4 digit keypad. And also comes with 2 keys. Use keypad or key. Spring loaded top. I have this thing bolted in the bottom or my night stand. Very quick to open. Has alarm on it if someone tries the wrong combo 5 times. Will hold two handguns with room to spare. I called the company direct and got a cheaper price. But well worth what they have it priced for online. Plus you can set the combo to whatever numbers you want to.
Well most of you will probably disagree with me but my gun is always loaded in case i need it. Having your ammo in one room and gun in another is so stupid. If someone breaks into your house maby you won't be able to get to the other room. Having it locked up is stupid to unless you have kids but then again if someone breaks into your home will you be calm enough to open the safe. Like i said i have mine loaded all the time at night if i need it i just reach over take the safety off and i,m ready. And i don't believe in gun racks either i don't believe in advertising that you own guns.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:24 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger45 View Post
Well most of you will probably disagree with me but my gun is always loaded in case i need it. Having your ammo in one room and gun in another is so stupid. If someone breaks into your house maby you won't be able to get to the other room. Having it locked up is stupid to unless you have kids but then again if someone breaks into your home will you be calm enough to open the safe. Like i said i have mine loaded all the time at night if i need it i just reach over take the safety off and i,m ready. And i don't believe in gun racks either i don't believe in advertising that you own guns.
I don't have kids in the house anymore and could choose to keep loaded guns laying around but I do have a maid service that comes and friends and family with children that visit. My HD handgun is in one of our boxes bolted to the bed frame. With just a little practice it is easily accessed in the dark and the way the lid opens and presents the gun in the exact same place and orientation makes consistent. I choose to leave it open when I go to bed. When I wake up I close the lid and the spring latch automatically locks. Make the bed and you don't know its there.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE

Old 08-14-2010, 04:00 PM   #30

Default Only 2 days left!!!!

Quote:
This code is now good for an additional 10% discount through 8-15-2010 with the introduction of our new FAS1-TL safe. All the same features as our original FAS1 safe with a different holster designed for your handgun with a tactical light mounted to the rail.

35% discount good on all products through 8-15-2010.

Only 2 days left for this discount! Take advantage of this special price if it's something you are considering. We won't be offering it again.

Glenn
FAS1SAFE