Handgun safe - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Handgun safe

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2010, 04:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunus View Post
With little Yunus due to arrive in several weeks I figure it's time to consider my handgun safe. I keep one handgun in my bedroom in a nightstand and want to continue to do so but only in a manner that makes sure it will be secure unless myself or my wife decides to get to it.

I know some are against the electronic safes and I tend to agree, I really don't want batteries to fail me at the worst possible time. So what brand/model whatever would you use to lock up a single home defense handgun?
When the grand kids come over, the 3 guns I own go into a safe I got at Gander Mountain for $30. It's very similair in appearance to the one recommended by the 1st responder to your initial post. It's a lot cheaper but does the same job. You don't need technology for a simple issue like this.

Life Member: MOPH
Life Member: USMC
Life Member: DAV
Life Member: VVA
Member: NRA
COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Old 04-17-2010, 03:17 PM   #12

Liked 31 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
I know some are against the electronic safes and I tend to agree, I really don't want batteries to fail me at the worst possible time. So what brand/model whatever would you use to lock up a single home defense handgun?
Here's an option for you that uses no batteries or electronics, can be mounted just about anywhere (horizontally or vertically), and is probably the strongest single handgun storage box on the market (3/16" steel construction).
fas1-mount-options-058.jpg  

Old 04-17-2010, 07:38 PM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Glenn-that's a great looking deal, how about a web-site or name of manufacturer?
Thanks

COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD

Old 04-17-2010, 08:26 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackg View Post
Glenn-that's a great looking deal, how about a web-site or name of manufacturer?
Thanks
Thanks. I make them here in San Antonio. I had the website in my signature but apparently I wasn't allowed to do that. I don't want to break any of the rules here. FAS1SAFE is the company name and you can find us online and we just set up a facebook page. We are also on a couple other forums.

Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 AM   #15

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS1 View Post
Here's an option for you that uses no batteries or electronics, can be mounted just about anywhere (horizontally or vertically), and is probably the strongest single handgun storage box on the market (3/16" steel construction).
love this safe!!!will be passing the info along

Old 04-21-2010, 02:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
As always, education is a good prevention. My kids get to shoot and help clean my firearms and know gun safety. They have no curiosity that has not been answered, so there's no need to sneak.
I absolutely agree. I have 2 rifles and a handgun, and my daughters have shot all of them (the 15 yr old likes the .22 and the 9 yr old likes the 30-30). The girls know what the guns can do and what not to do with them. Most of the time when I go to the range at least one of them goes with me. Neither of them cares much about the guns (except the 15 yr old wants a pink handgun, she's very girlie).
I keep the handgun in a small keypad/key safe by the bed that stays locked during the day and I open it up at night and sleep with it that way. My kids know what's in the safe and we don't hide anything from them. The rifles are in hard cases w/ bolt locks on them. The same holds true with most things (like alcohol) if you don't make it "taboo" and you educate them they usually won't get stupid with it.
Mainly the locks/safe are there so I don't come home and find an intruder with my gun in his hand. I would like, in the future, to get another (maybe between the studs style) safe for the downstairs too.
Congrats on the little one, and make sure to enjoy every minute!

If the government told 'em to go down Monday morning and get a "walking license" and pay ten bucks a year for it, they'd do it. - Randy Weaver

Old 04-21-2010, 11:27 AM   #17

Liked 1401 Times on 831 Posts
Likes Given: 429

Quote:
That is an awesome looking safe and would work perfectly for me. Gotta be honest though, price is my only reservation.

Old 04-21-2010, 11:47 AM   #18

Liked 2144 Times on 1176 Posts
Likes Given: 1390

That safe above looks very cool. I have a safe in my closet that is bolted down. If someone wanted it bad enought they could demolish my closet and get it. But that is not what it is for. I bought it at Harbor Freight for about $20. It's not fire proof. But it is definately kid proof. One thing to remember. Even when your child is old enough to be trusted, their friends may not be trust worthy.
Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:22 PM   #19

Quote:
That is an awesome looking safe and would work perfectly for me. Gotta be honest though, price is my only reservation.
We have been offering discounts on various sites to get our product out there and so people can see the value in our product. Use coupon code FAS1GPS during checkout at our online store for a 25% discount. Feel free to pass it on. As materials from all our suppliers are going up we won't be able to offer this discount much longer at our current prices. Thanks for considering our product.

Old 04-21-2010, 04:31 PM   #20

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
We have been offering discounts on various sites to get our product out there and so people can see the value in our product. Use coupon code FAS1GPS during checkout at our online store for a 25% discount. Feel free to pass it on. As materials from all our suppliers are going up we won't be able to offer this discount much longer at our current prices. Thanks for considering our product.
I think you have really narrowed your market segment even with a 25% discount.

COTEP MEMBER #CBOB0391
DW VBOB
KIMBER ULTRA CDP
KIMBER PRO CRIMSON CARRY
GLOCK 19
S&W 686 SSR
S&W M&P SHIELD