Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > A guy at work got a new firearm...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 211 Times on 169 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Hey children , getting off target a bit to far!! Go find a new tread to mess with befor this one gets closed down.

Old 12-20-2012, 07:40 PM   #32

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I think you critics may have forgotten we were all new at one time or another. I for one have never had any military or law enforcement training with firearms nor did I grow up around guns so when I turned 21 I went out and bought my first firearm and have progressed over the years by listening to experienced elders, reading and studying videos and I still learn things. All I'm trying to say is instead of criticizing offer to educate and importance of preparedness.

Old 12-21-2012, 02:02 AM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 775 Times on 472 Posts
Likes Given: 158

SWMBO was carrying my LCP and had never shot it... next trip to the range, I made her shoot it. She doesn't carry it anymore

Old 12-21-2012, 03:59 AM   #34

Liked 279 Times on 200 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
I think you critics may have forgotten we were all new at one time or another. I for one have never had any military or law enforcement training with firearms nor did I grow up around guns so when I turned 21 I went out and bought my first firearm and have progressed over the years by listening to experienced elders, reading and studying videos and I still learn things. All I'm trying to say is instead of criticizing offer to educate and importance of preparedness.
I understand what your saying and ive tried to go shooting with him but he never wants to go. Im always willing to teach and learn if its good information. I will just have to get on him about going to the range with me and the misses.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:03 AM   #35
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake1 View Post
I dont think he was trying to be critical, buying a gun to carry without shooting it is like buying a car and not starting it to see if it will run.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:14 AM   #36

Liked 84 Times on 61 Posts

Buying a gun and just sticking it I'm your pants or holster is like buying a child's bike from walmart and not checking the bolts before the kid rides it!

But on another note, ignorance is very common these days.

Old 12-21-2012, 04:22 AM   #37
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bige91603 View Post
Buying a gun and just sticking it I'm your pants or holster is like buying a child's bike from walmart and not checking the bolts before the kid rides it!

But on another note, ignorance is very common these days.
It is ignorance... Placing faith on a machine

Old 12-21-2012, 06:59 PM   #38

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post

I understand what your saying and ive tried to go shooting with him but he never wants to go. Im always willing to teach and learn if its good information. I will just have to get on him about going to the range with me and the misses.
I am glad to hear that. I pray his arrogance comes from youth and some point he will listen to others with knowledge and experience and God willing it is before any type of tragic accident. You can't fix stupid. You can fix ignorance if the ignorant is willing to be educated. Stay on him and keep at it. It is our responsibility as responsible gun owners. God bless you sir. MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old 12-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #39

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

A good example of the need of test firing anything you need to count on is the S&W 6906 I got about 4 months ago

My daughter was so excited ( I got her one as well ) that we went over to the range even though I only had about 20 minutes before my son was bringing my grandchildren over.

12 rounds rapid fire at 10 yards - - - a nickel covered 11 and a quarter would cover all 12 - - - but I was 4" high and 2" left.

I realize most of the time this would have been good enough but good enough does not cut it when safety is involved.

A little time with a sandbag rest on the bench and a little adjustment and I can now put the rounds where I want them.

Old 12-23-2012, 12:17 PM   #40

Liked 2176 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667 View Post
A good example of the need of test firing anything you need to count on is the S&W 6906 I got about 4 months ago

My daughter was so excited ( I got her one as well ) that we went over to the range even though I only had about 20 minutes before my son was bringing my grandchildren over.

Quote:
12 rounds rapid fire at 10 yards - - - a nickel covered 11 and a quarter would cover all 12
- - - but I was 4" high and 2" left.

I realize most of the time this would have been good enough but good enough does not cut it when safety is involved.

A little time with a sandbag rest on the bench and a little adjustment and I can now put the rounds where I want them.
Merry Christmas

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET