Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > A guy at work got a new firearm...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2012, 03:41 AM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
Me and my wife go shooting together once a week or every other week depending on how busy we are. I asked him to go to the range with us last week Saturday and he never showed up. Im gonna have to try again and see if he will go shooting with us.
I went to the gun store with my boss, he wants a gun for home defense, and he couldn't decide what he wanted. He said that he just wanted to buy a gun and a safe and stick it in there and be done. I told him that I wouldn't let him do that and that we would go shooting together.

Old 12-20-2012, 04:18 AM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1381 Times on 938 Posts
Likes Given: 474

A neighbor of mine who is an experienced shooter and reloader has carried a Taurus 380 in his pocket for years. He bought a 100 pack of WWB ammo when he got the Taurus. I would bet he has 50 rounds left of the original box of ammo.

He loves his Howa 300 mag. He will drive all across the state to shoot his rifle. Yet the gun that will most likely be used in a self defense situation never gets fired. He says the Taurus is reliable and it has never given him a problem. I guess it hasn't since it hasn't been shot enough to break it in.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 12-20-2012, 05:30 AM   #23

Liked 102 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 219

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post

Sound like you just described the mother of the guy that just shot up that school and killed all those poor kid and teachers.
Now hold on there, you dont know all the facts yet. And even locked up, a determined individual in most cases can still access the gun, if they are determined enough. There is ALWAYS a way to circumvent or break any security measure. Any and every safe can be cracked, it takes determination and knowledge, but not much. (I have a background in security)

Old 12-20-2012, 05:43 AM   #24

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phildenton View Post

Now hold on there, you dont know all the facts yet. And even locked up, a determined individual in most cases can still access the gun, if they are determined enough. There is ALWAYS a way to circumvent or break any security measure. Any and every safe can be cracked, it takes determination and knowledge, but not much. (I have a background in security)
We're talking about a mentally challenged person here. Come on man. Drop the liberal love, no excuses here!

Old 12-20-2012, 12:25 PM   #25

Liked 114 Times on 88 Posts
Likes Given: 111

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
We're talking about a mentally challenged person here. Come on man. Drop the liberal love, no excuses here!
Geez fella, Ease off. You know nothing about the woman or her habits.
The guy you are referring to as "mentally challenged" was smart enough, by all accounts, to overwhelm the security system at the school - to effectively "break in". Doesn't sound too "stupid".
You make a lot of off the cuff judgements - judgements concerning everyone, as you, no doubt, will me - that are questionable at best.
Sling it...

Old 12-20-2012, 12:29 PM   #26

Liked 2175 Times on 1468 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby View Post
The guy you are referring to as "mentally challenged" was smart enough, by all accounts, to overwhelm the security system at the school - to effectively "break in". Doesn't sound too "stupid".
You make a lot of off the cuff judgements - judgements concerning everyone, as you, no doubt, will me - that are questionable at best.
Sling it...
Edited---Best left alone-

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-20-2012, 12:32 PM   #27

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colby

Sling it...
You do realize that mentally challenged and stupid don't mean the same think right. I know mentally challenged people who are intelligent. And btw he didn't pull a mission impossible type entry, he blasted his way in. Any idiot can do that.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-20-2012, 12:36 PM   #28

Liked 1660 Times on 936 Posts
Likes Given: 1118

I am sick of hearing people talk about the mentally ill. Evil is evil. I dont care what a doctor says about someones ability to stand trial. Anyone that kills a bunch of kids deserves to die. Anyone that goes into a theatre and shoots people deserves to die. We have got to stop making excuses for the evil things that people do.

And the mother was a victim. Since when do we convict victims. Beyond the box...there is something wrong with you.

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:52 PM   #29

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick1967
I am sick of hearing people talk about the mentally ill. Evil is evil. I dont care what a doctor says about someones ability to stand trial. Anyone that kills a bunch of kids deserves to die. Anyone that goes into a theatre and shoots people deserves to die. We have got to stop making excuses for the evil things that people do.

And the mother was a victim. Since when do we convict victims. Beyond the box...there is something wrong with you.
I agree with that statement, evil is evil. To walk into a school and murder a bunch of innocent children means you're mentally ill, otherwise it would've never crossed your mind. That being said, the murderer deserved to die.

I also think the mother was partly to blame. If you know your son is messed up in the head why leave your guns anywhere but a safe?

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 12-20-2012, 04:07 PM   #30

Liked 284 Times on 246 Posts