Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > A guy at work got a new firearm...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2012, 01:36 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 141 Times on 99 Posts

Get him to the range, and for all of us, show him some safety!
Could end up with a new shooting buddy too.

Old 12-19-2012, 06:37 PM   #12

Liked 285 Times on 247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
these are the same kinds of people who will buy guns but not do any training, they won't lock up their guns when they're not in use, they won't go train with their guns to know how to operate them, or even worse...they buy them ONLY because it's cool or because it MIGHT become illegal to buy them later.
Sound like you just described the mother of the guy that just shot up that school and killed all those poor kid and teachers.

Old 12-19-2012, 07:53 PM   #13

Liked 280 Times on 201 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Me and my wife go shooting together once a week or every other week depending on how busy we are. I asked him to go to the range with us last week Saturday and he never showed up. Im gonna have to try again and see if he will go shooting with us.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
Me and my wife go shooting together once a week or every other week depending on how busy we are. I asked him to go to the range with us last week Saturday and he never showed up. Im gonna have to try again and see if he will go shooting with us.
It'd be good for him for sure. Don't get me wrong I started same way. Glad I joined this forum and learned as I got involved.

Old 12-19-2012, 08:21 PM   #15

Liked 2178 Times on 1469 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by fupuk View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox View Post
It'd be good for him for sure. Don't get me wrong I started same way. Glad I joined this forum and learned as I got involved.
Keep on him-
I'm lucky enuff to be able to shoot in my backyard & i sometimes feel the wife & I don't shoot enuff

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-19-2012, 08:34 PM   #16

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

Quote:
Sound like you just described the mother of the guy that just shot up that school and killed all those poor kid and teachers.
possibly, but I thought the media had people saying that she was an avid gun enthusiast, which typically means they are properly storing their firearms, not leaving them around for their mentally ill children to get to. but...without knowing her personally, I have no way of knowing exactly what she did.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:17 PM   #17
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1679 Times on 871 Posts
Likes Given: 1322

Quote:
Not quite. She went to a range frequently, perhaps regularly. She brought her son as well. It was a way for him to socialize, experience competency, and at least receive some measure of respect and acknowledgement. Apparently not enough.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 PM   #18

I was referring to people that don't properly lock their guns up. That's why I quoted only the one section. He had way too easy access to her guns, no way they were locked up, and in case they were a mentally ill person should not know the combo to get to them. She is fully at fault for his actions. Wish she were around to punish. Then again, being murdered by your own son is pretty good punishment, just wish that part of it were televised... I'd have bought a ticket to the show.

Old 12-20-2012, 02:48 AM   #19

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
I was referring to people that don't properly lock their guns up. That's why I quoted only the one section. He had way too easy access to her guns, no way they were locked up, and in case they were a mentally ill person should not know the combo to get to them. She is fully at fault for his actions. Wish she were around to punish. Then again, being murdered by your own son is pretty good punishment, just wish that part of it were televised... I'd have bought a ticket to the show.
That's a load of horsesh*t.
She was fully at fault?
You would buy a ticket to watch a son murder his mother?

I assume your exaggerating your points,, but listen to yourself bud.
Old 12-20-2012, 03:15 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear304inc View Post

That's a load of horsesh*t.
She was fully at fault?
You would buy a ticket to watch a son murder his mother?

I assume your exaggerating your points,, but listen to yourself bud.
No joke, I fully support public hangings be brought back. A real point that makes itself.

A picture is worth a thousand words. If people actually saw the repercussions of their actions they'd start to think twice. I firmly believe in publicized punishment. And much more extreme punishments for sure.

She was fully at fault from my understanding of the information provided. Now I may very well have missed something that would be key to my understanding and if you have anything enlightening to provide I'd appreciate it, but here's what I know.

She owned the gun's, trained a mentally ill person to fire them and had them in a situation/place accessible to, and I reiterate A MENTALLY UNSTABLE PERSON. You tell me where the fault lies...?

Last edited by BeyondTheBox; 12-20-2012 at 03:18 AM.
Vincine Likes This