Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > guy gets shot at my apartment!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2009, 03:53 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 201 Times on 138 Posts

I have one problem with the CCW laws in my area. The fact that if you go out with friends and you go somewhere like a bar or nightclub, you can't carry a pistol. Me and a friend of mine got attacked one night and if the other guy decided to pull a weapon we would have had a big problem cause I didn't have my gun. We were going from one bar to another and decided to walk the two blocks to save the parking fee.

As soon as we came out of the bar, this guy latched onto us and kept asking us for money. My buddy gave him a dollar thinking he would leave but he kept asking for more. He was going on with this sob story about not having enough money to get back to Lexington to see his 'baby momma' and that he was homeless.

We got almost to the bar where we were going and he got desperate, he stepped in front of JD (not Dillinger, my friend from work) and got in his face and said "How about I stab both you mother****** and take your money?" I was close to him because during the whole walk he never took his left hand out of his pocket. I thought he might have a small pistol of a knife in his pocket so I stayed very close to his left side. Anyway, since I was so close I pushed him and sayed "F*** you!"

He tripped and fell backwards giving us both time to double time it to the club. We told club security (city employees) on the street what happened and they took off after the guy.

Anytime anyone asked me why I carry I tell that story, I could have ended up dead that night.

Century Arms AR-15A2, 5.56
1946 Mosin-Nagant M44, 7.62x54R
1978 YUGO SKS, 7.62x39
NEF Protector Pump, 12 gauge
Savage Model 64, .22LR
NEF Pardner Tracker II, 12 gauge
Rock Island Armory 1911A1, .45 ACP
Remington 870 'Express Magnum' 12 gauge
Bersa Thunder .380

Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 AM   #12

Liked 11 Times on 3 Posts

I'm glad your ok man.
hopefully the passenger didn't get a good look at you.
neighborhoods seem to be getting worse and worse.
mine included

a split second of man made perfection dialogue, speed, and direction.

Old 03-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #13

Yea im fine, I have been packing the heater just in case for the past few days. The detective called and said the victom was not A resedent of our complex. And he gave A shady story to why he was there in the first place.
It is thought that it was A drug deal gone bad. The detective said it is comon for them to deal in parking lots in the area, but this is the first in our complex that we know of. Thanks for your thoughts guys

Old 03-21-2009, 12:07 AM   #14

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpwables View Post
Yea im fine, I have been packing the heater just in case for the past few days. The detective called and said the victom was not A resedent of our complex. And he gave A shady story to why he was there in the first place.
It is thought that it was A drug deal gone bad. The detective said it is comon for them to deal in parking lots in the area, but this is the first in our complex that we know of. Thanks for your thoughts guys
Good man! Keep the "heat" close brother. Would hate to read about a tragic murder that could have been avoided only if the victim had gotten his CCW in time.

"Tolerance is the Virtue of a man without Convictions" G. K. Chesterton

ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε

Considering the fact that the victim is the first one at the scene of a violent crime, I believe all law abiding citizens should be armed.

"Fast is fine, Accurate is final." - Wyatt Earp

Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #15

You need to be aware of one important fact; You are an eyewitness and the bad guys know it.
Watch your back brother.

I doubt this punk was a mob hitman. He's propbably not going to come back for you. I would keep my awarness at the same level everyone else does when concealing a deadly weapon.

Old 04-16-2009, 09:10 AM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragunovsks View Post
I have one problem with the CCW laws in my area. The fact that if you go out with friends and you go somewhere like a bar or nightclub, you can't carry a pistol. Me and a friend of mine got attacked one night and if the other guy decided to pull a weapon we would have had a big problem cause I didn't have my gun. We were going from one bar to another and decided to walk the two blocks to save the parking fee.

As soon as we came out of the bar, this guy latched onto us and kept asking us for money. My buddy gave him a dollar thinking he would leave but he kept asking for more. He was going on with this sob story about not having enough money to get back to Lexington to see his 'baby momma' and that he was homeless.

We got almost to the bar where we were going and he got desperate, he stepped in front of JD (not Dillinger, my friend from work) and got in his face and said "How about I stab both you mother****** and take your money?" I was close to him because during the whole walk he never took his left hand out of his pocket. I thought he might have a small pistol of a knife in his pocket so I stayed very close to his left side. Anyway, since I was so close I pushed him and sayed "F*** you!"

He tripped and fell backwards giving us both time to double time it to the club. We told club security (city employees) on the street what happened and they took off after the guy.

Anytime anyone asked me why I carry I tell that story, I could have ended up dead that night.

I use to hang out in bars/clubs etc.... Nothing but trouble. I completely avoid them now and don't have near the problems.

Alchohol, late night, and stupid people in large numbers. You can't really be surprised when something bad happens.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:05 PM   #17
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 49 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojubrian View Post
I use to hang out in bars/clubs etc.... Nothing but trouble. I completely avoid them now and don't have near the problems.

Alchohol, late night, and stupid people in large numbers. You can't really be surprised when something bad happens.
WELL...

At least you lived through the "invencible stage" of your life. CONGRATS!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #18

That is one crazy story! I am glad you're okay!

Check out today's blog:

Why I DON'T recommend a Stun Gun for Self-Defense

http://www.womenofcaliber.wordpress.com

Old 05-03-2009, 06:09 AM   #19

wow had you not forgotten what you did; it could have been you. close call.

Old 05-07-2009, 07:14 AM   #20

The only time I almost got hit was at Pioneer Square in Seattle. My friends and I were walking past Occidental and decided to go towards the Last Supper Club. This guy comes out of the club wearing a white vest, takes his shirt out, throws it on the sidewalk, revealing his SMG...he pulled it out and started firing in the air. Everyone including us, hit the ground real fast, praying that the bullets didn't hit us. There were medics just a few feet away and I could see them just freeze.

The loser then gets into his Caprice Classic and turns on his music and drives off like nothing happened. No one got hurt fortunately, but he did take out some car windows including mine. The worst part was it started to snow the next day and it was my first day at work....Boy was I mad.

Vince K
Renton WA

NRA Member
Freemason
Dodge Charger nut