Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   guy gets shot at my apartment!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/guy-gets-shot-my-apartment-11965/)

bpwables 03-18-2009 03:11 AM

guy gets shot at my apartment!!

So I came back from dinner tonight. After heading in to my apartment I remembered I hade left something in my truck, which was parked at the front gate. So I go out open my truck door and POW. I thought that sounded like A small cal. gun. Then I hear barking tires and A car flying towards me! I head between two cars nearest to me, as the pasenger is eyeballing me. The gate is down so they slam on breaks for the gate to come up. Pasenger still eyeing me they bust threw the gate as it is raising up.. And speed off, I look at the end of the parking lot and there is A guy standing there bleeding. and another guy calling the po/ambulance..I am waiting for my CWP should be in at the end of May. Not that I would have done anything different. But I was after the fact thinking (what if the passenger fired off a round or two at me for just being there?)

chopkick 03-18-2009 03:27 AM

You need to be aware of one important fact; You are an eyewitness and the bad guys know it.
Watch your back brother.

bpwables 03-18-2009 03:32 AM

YES I knoow this and I have A G30SF waiting for my CWP..I am most def. carring to and from my place from now on. It is however A EYE OPENER!!!!!

Jesse17 03-18-2009 03:38 AM

You know, it's sad...there was once a day when you wouldn't have to have a permit to have that gun in the first place, and if you had fired at the car (who obviously just shot someone) maybe at a tire to disable them, then held them at gun point, you'd be a hero...

Not anymore. Now if you had fired at their tire (even if you actually saw them shoot the man) you'd be charged for any number of crimes...

And to think that places like NY have to pass laws now that prosecute people for NOT helping victims of crimes they witness...I think they call it depraved-indifference (or something like that).

It's not just because people in those mega-cities are afraid of being hurt by the criminals if they help, it's just as much because those people are afraid of being prosecuted by the anti-gun/anti-defense/anti-justice laws of the land!

I'm not saying that you should have done anything different than you did. I'm just reminded of the fact that we're always trading rights and freedoms for security, and look what it gets us.

bpwables 03-18-2009 03:50 AM

A MAN BROTHER! I wasent packing at the time, I am waiting to do it legally. Although after today I know when I do get my CWP, I will have it on me 24-7.

sgtdeath66 03-18-2009 06:45 AM

when i had my g30, i always had it with me in the glove box. only time i wouldnt carry was if i knew id be drinking. when i was 18 i lived in a small complex that had the nickname murder bend. it was filled with crack heads, coke heads and the occasional burglars. i my self had witnessed two high speed chases end right in front of my building and my friend that we worked with that also lived at the complex got robbed when they were at work on christmas eve. luckily my girlfreind got pregnant and gave us a reason to jump out of the lease. i think the only reason my place didnt get robbed was because they knew i always had a gun with me, and they didnt want me to come home and catch'em. at that time i would carry my shotgun with me to and from the car in an easy to access bag. risky but, hey i knew which ones i couldnt trust and i let them know i had a gun. then we moved out and a couple years later i turned 21 and thats when i got my glock. she was with me 24/7

sgtdeath66 03-18-2009 06:46 AM

when i had my g30, i always had it with me. only time i wouldnt carry was if i knew id be drinking. when i was 18 i lived in a small complex that had the nickname murder bend. it was filled with crack heads, coke heads and the occasional burglars. i my self had witnessed two high speed chases end right in front of my building and my friend that we worked with that also lived at the complex got robbed when they were at work on christmas eve. luckily my girlfreind got pregnant and gave us a reason to jump out of the lease. i think the only reason my place didnt get robbed was because they knew i always had a gun with me, and they didnt want me to come home and catch'em. at that time i would carry my shotgun with me to and from the car in an easy to access bag. risky but, hey i knew which ones i couldnt trust and i let them know i had a gun. then we moved out and a couple years later i turned 21 and thats when i got my glock. she was with me 24/7

Gojubrian 03-18-2009 07:25 AM

Yes, we should all wait until we can pay the fees for a little card that says we can defend ourselves and loved ones. :(

"Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!" :cool:

Mark F 03-18-2009 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gojubrian (Post 83633)
yes, we should all wait until we can pay the fees for a little card that says we can defend ourselves and loved ones. :(

"better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6!" :cool:

ditto.......

RugerMan 03-19-2009 03:05 PM

I'm not saying that you should have done anything different than you did. I'm just reminded of the fact that we're always trading rights and freedoms for security, and look what it gets us.[/QUOTE]

As my good friend Benjamin Franklin always says; Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.