Guns and Knives - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Guns and Knives

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2010, 03:00 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

I completly agree, I can only legally carry a knife when I'm out in the woods though, so I can't always carry. Looking at it from a tactical view point, a knife will never jam on you, but you need a good, long, sharp knife that can cut through multiple layers. I prefer the Kabar. I would only draw it as a secondary defence however, for instance if the attacter is right on top of me and I need to end it RIGHT NOW.

"The Tree of Liberty must be watered from time to time with the blood of Patriots and Tyrants."
Thomas Jefferson

Old 08-22-2010, 10:30 PM   #22
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

This is my daily carry set up. As you can see I carry 2 knives for different reasons. Backup and general use.

Old 09-11-2010, 03:11 PM   #23

I am 16 thus cannot concealed carry a gun (even though I believe I am more proficient with one than many who actually carry). So I carry a knife everywhere I go.(Whether it be a benchmade, spyderco, ZT...) It is more for utility purposes than anything else. Knives are multi purpose tools but heaven forbid I had to close to engage on someone who was going to harm my family, or the innocent people around me, I am mentally and physically prepared to do so.

Old 09-11-2010, 04:06 PM   #24
FAA licensed bugsmasher
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2334 Times on 1256 Posts
Likes Given: 842

I've been carrying a knife everyday since I think I was 12. Most of the time it is not an defensive knife. Typically I carry some version of a Swiss Army knife. For those instances I do carry a defensive knife, I have a Benchmade.

Scott

Quote:
If you're not representing Jesus in a way that makes people want to hang out with you, you're doing it wrong.
Quote:
Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors. -Plato
Join the NRA

Old 09-11-2010, 07:33 PM   #25

Liked 11 Times on 10 Posts
Likes Given: 3

A good sharp knife would be invaluable in a crowd against a knife wielding attacker. In that instance you couldn't use a gun in fear of hitting an innocent bystander.

Sometimes you earthlings REALLY amaze me!

Old 09-11-2010, 10:17 PM   #26

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stalkingbear View Post
A good sharp knife would be invaluable in a crowd against a knife wielding attacker. In that instance you couldn't use a gun in fear of hitting an innocent bystander.
Good point,but you could push the innocent bystanders in the way so you don't get hurt.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:34 AM   #27

I'd like to carry a knife, I almost always carry one around the home/yard as it comes in handy for so many things.
However, my state (MI) has no preemption on knife laws, so every city can (and usually does) have different laws pertaining to knives. So I always carry my gun, but never my knife - the legal risk is too great IMO.

Last edited by bullpuppies; 09-16-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Old 09-16-2010, 01:09 PM   #28

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullpuppies View Post
I'd like to carry a knife, I almost always carry one around the home/yard as it comes in handy for so many things.
However, my state (MI) has no preemption on knife laws, so every city can (and usually does) have different laws pertaining to knives. So I always carry my gun, but never my knife - the legal risk is too great IMO.
This is not true. According to MI law, persons without a military ID may carry a concealed blade (In a pocket counts as concealed) of no more than 3 inches.
Ruger Mk III Competition .22 LR, S&W M&P Pro Series 9mm

Old 09-16-2010, 02:42 PM   #29

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I carry a knife wherever I go. Its not a big one but it'll kill someone if need be. Even when I get my CWP ill still carry my knife. I recently lost my favorite knife somehow. Got caught on something and ripped off its clip without me knowing. But I have plenty of backups. I've been collecting them for a long time. Most are too big to carry but I have some that I like.

Old 09-16-2010, 03:02 PM   #30

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

In my conceal carry fanny pack I have my .380, 2 more magazines, a nice Gerber folding knife and a multi-tool. BTW the multi-tool is pink and matches my gun.

The other day I got locked out of the house, my dog jumped up and hit the lock on the screen door. The multi-tool came in handy because I was able to take the rubber seal out from around the screen window without cutting the screen so I could reach in and unlock the door. Never know what will come in handy and when you might need it.