Gun shaped fanny packs
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Gun shaped fanny packs

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 12:23 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Gun shaped fanny packs

Im inquiring about regular holster shaped fanny packs. I posted this on our website as well, but figured itd be good to ask here too. I like the idea of Illinois concealed carry (obviously) I like open carry better,....dont think the states gonna jump right on militia being able to open carry though. So, is it even legal to have a holster shat qualifies as a fanny pack? if so, do you have any pics or insights?

United Militias of America
United we stand - Divided we fall

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-09-2011, 12:26 AM   #2

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3479 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

So?

Are you asking if a fanny pack could be used for a holster? Or are you asking if a fanny pack could be made to look like a holster, thus negating the fact it was a fanny pack and telling you exactly what it is??

Confused here, because neither option sounds like a good one to me.

JD

Old 06-09-2011, 12:40 AM   #3

Lol, sorry about the confusion. I want to carry my weapon, in a state allowed fanny pack, I guess I maybe havent yet done enough homework on the issue, but thats why Im asking the question. A holster doesnt qualify as a fanny pack correct? it shows portions of the weapon, which would classify as open carry( I assume), which I can not do. I dislike the look of a "fanny pack" and dont think I should have to hide it anyway, can I have basically what would be a holster with a cover in Illinois?

Old 06-09-2011, 12:51 AM   #4

Liked 39 Times on 19 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Are you talking about a flap holster like a civil war holster? If you are then .. NO.. that will not qualify as a “concealed” weapon as a holster even flapped is still a holster and not concealed even if the weapon is concealed in the holster.

Scubie

Old 06-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #5

hmmm. I guess what Im talking about could be similar to a "civil war" holster but more modern in appearance. So, I assume it (the pack) cant bear any resemblance to the shape of a weapon, whatsoever. Im not sure I like that. Im going to have to research and find the exact wording in the law about it. Thanks for your response.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:57 AM   #6

Liked 762 Times on 441 Posts
Likes Given: 460

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedMilitia View Post
Lol, sorry about the confusion. I want to carry my weapon, in a state allowed fanny pack, I guess I maybe havent yet done enough homework on the issue, but thats why Im asking the question. A holster doesnt qualify as a fanny pack correct? it shows portions of the weapon, which would classify as open carry( I assume), which I can not do. I dislike the look of a "fanny pack" and dont think I should have to hide it anyway, can I have basically what would be a holster with a cover in Illinois?
There are holster that are designed to be concealed...not every holster is a drop down cowboy rig. There is no requirement that I am aware of anyway that a concealed weapon be carried in a bag to be legal. As long as you have the proper permits to carry concealed all the gun has to be is...well, concealed.

Google

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 06-09-2011, 01:26 AM   #7

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

I have absolutely experience with the product, so don't take this as an endorsement:

Cell/PDA/Pager Pal

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Last edited by knfxda; 06-09-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:36 AM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedMilitia View Post

More homework is a great idea, doing it wrong may end your ability to own firearms. I'm not qualified to give legal advice. I don't know if it is how you are phrasing your questions but I'm not understanding what you are asking if it is legal to carry in a fanny pack then do so, if you want a fanny pack that looks like a holster, they make them....I think they call them holsters

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-09-2011, 01:38 AM   #9

Liked 19 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Also made for the Kahr P380 and the S&W BodyGuard 380:

Ruger LCP Sneaky Pete Case @ thepocketsolution.com

"Ideology deludes, inspires dishonesty, and breeds fanaticism. Facts, experience, and logic are much better at leading you to the truth."

"Despite the conviction and seeming depth of knowledge with which ideologues speak, they are intellectual weaklings--joiners--who defer to systems of belief and charismatic gurus for their ideas." -- Daniel J. Flynn

GOA

Old 06-09-2011, 01:50 AM   #10
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5797 Times on 3027 Posts
Likes Given: 397

far as i know carrying a handgun in illinoise will get you arrested concealed or not. no open or conceal carry there.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...