Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Gun shaped fanny packs (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/gun-shaped-fanny-packs-43643/)

UnitedMilitia 06-09-2011 12:23 AM

Gun shaped fanny packs

Im inquiring about regular holster shaped fanny packs. I posted this on our website as well, but figured itd be good to ask here too. I like the idea of Illinois concealed carry (obviously) I like open carry better,....dont think the states gonna jump right on militia being able to open carry though. So, is it even legal to have a holster shat qualifies as a fanny pack? if so, do you have any pics or insights?

Dillinger 06-09-2011 12:26 AM

So? :confused:

Are you asking if a fanny pack could be used for a holster? Or are you asking if a fanny pack could be made to look like a holster, thus negating the fact it was a fanny pack and telling you exactly what it is?? :confused:

Confused here, because neither option sounds like a good one to me.

JD

UnitedMilitia 06-09-2011 12:40 AM

Lol, sorry about the confusion. I want to carry my weapon, in a state allowed fanny pack, I guess I maybe havent yet done enough homework on the issue, but thats why Im asking the question. A holster doesnt qualify as a fanny pack correct? it shows portions of the weapon, which would classify as open carry( I assume), which I can not do. I dislike the look of a "fanny pack" and dont think I should have to hide it anyway, can I have basically what would be a holster with a cover in Illinois?

Dzscubie 06-09-2011 12:51 AM

Are you talking about a flap holster like a civil war holster? If you are then .. NO.. that will not qualify as a “concealed” weapon as a holster even flapped is still a holster and not concealed even if the weapon is concealed in the holster.

Scubie

UnitedMilitia 06-09-2011 12:56 AM

hmmm. I guess what Im talking about could be similar to a "civil war" holster but more modern in appearance. So, I assume it (the pack) cant bear any resemblance to the shape of a weapon, whatsoever. Im not sure I like that. Im going to have to research and find the exact wording in the law about it. Thanks for your response.

Jpyle 06-09-2011 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnitedMilitia (Post 519999)
Lol, sorry about the confusion. I want to carry my weapon, in a state allowed fanny pack, I guess I maybe havent yet done enough homework on the issue, but thats why Im asking the question. A holster doesnt qualify as a fanny pack correct? it shows portions of the weapon, which would classify as open carry( I assume), which I can not do. I dislike the look of a "fanny pack" and dont think I should have to hide it anyway, can I have basically what would be a holster with a cover in Illinois?

There are holster that are designed to be concealed...not every holster is a drop down cowboy rig. There is no requirement that I am aware of anyway that a concealed weapon be carried in a bag to be legal. As long as you have the proper permits to carry concealed all the gun has to be is...well, concealed.

Google

http://lh3.googleusercontent.com/pub...AF3WY3g=s180-c

knfxda 06-09-2011 01:26 AM

I have absolutely experience with the product, so don't take this as an endorsement:

Cell/PDA/Pager Pal

WDB 06-09-2011 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UnitedMilitia (Post 519999)

More homework is a great idea, doing it wrong may end your ability to own firearms. I'm not qualified to give legal advice. I don't know if it is how you are phrasing your questions but I'm not understanding what you are asking if it is legal to carry in a fanny pack then do so, if you want a fanny pack that looks like a holster, they make them....I think they call them holsters:rolleyes:

knfxda 06-09-2011 01:38 AM

Also made for the Kahr P380 and the S&W BodyGuard 380:

Ruger LCP Sneaky Pete Case @ thepocketsolution.com

JonM 06-09-2011 01:50 AM

far as i know carrying a handgun in illinoise will get you arrested concealed or not. no open or conceal carry there.