Gun Free Rape Zones - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Gun Free Rape Zones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 10:29 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
You should see my mom shoot. She can outshoot me and my stepdad with all of us using our own guns. But I can outshoot her if we both use her gun. Strange. But I haven't met the man yet who can hold a candle to her using a bow.
Your mom sounds exactly like my mom. Good with a gun and damn good with a bow.

Old 12-11-2011, 10:40 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

Your mom sounds exactly like my mom. Good with a gun and damn good with a bow.
I'm decent, I hold quarter sized groups at 20 yards. But she splits her arrows.

Old 12-11-2011, 11:05 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286 View Post
I'm decent, I hold quarter sized groups at 20 yards. But she splits her arrows.
I don't know if my mom can split arrows, but she has out shot everyone who has tried to beat her.

Old 12-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #34

Liked 9206 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Mine's a natural, she cut a vane off one at 5 yards (I'm sure it was mostly luck) the very fist time she shot a bow, it was when she was getting one set up for herself, which is the one she has and uses now. It's a Mathews, but I'm not sure of the exact model. She got set up with some high end carbon fiber arrows too.

Old 12-12-2011, 01:36 PM   #35

Liked 44 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 22

I once had the opportunity to do some target practice with a lady who was a police officer, along with her husband. She shot first and after watching her shoot I just said, "I hope you don't expect me to shoot like that." She hold me she shot about 700 rounds per week.

Old 12-12-2011, 02:05 PM   #36

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by danf_fl View Post
JonM, you forgot to mention Chicago, IL
And California

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

Old 12-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #37
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5990 Times on 3133 Posts
Likes Given: 427

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZL View Post
Sad but true....HOWEVER....any cop worthy of the name takes his/her duty seriously, and DOES "serve and protect".

I wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror in the morning if I were to just stand by and let an innocent person be harmed by inaction, even at the risk of my own life. That's just me. That's pretty much every "street cop" I ever worked with very very few exceptions.

The guys and gals who tried to "coast throught their 20" were identified pretty quickly by the rest of us, and wound up on motorcycles and in traffic division writing tickets and polishing their boots...because we damned sure refused to work with them. That's not even because of some high-minded ideals on my part...you just can't trust a person like that to be there if YOU need them.

And...AMEN...for everyone taking responsibility for the safety and defense of their own homes and families. I have preached that for years. Let's face it...even if SCOTUS had said "LE MUST PROTECT THE INDIVIDUAL"...there are many times when calls are stacked up, and you have five or six "code three-lights and sirens" calls on your MDT...I have been there and seen it happen. Single officers rolling on calls with no backup because your sector partner is on his way to another code three...it's frustrating to officers too.

Think about it for a second though folks....how many times have you seen the news where cops have joined EMS to rescue people in rivers, swollen washes, fires, assaults? Many many many times. Good cops do the job, no matter what.

WE hate the bull**** calls when we get called to mediate a dispute between neighbors over a "He was rude to me" call, or "His/her dog pooped in my yard" or other nonsense that adults SHOULD be able to work out on their own.

I am not defending paper-pushing douchebag alleged-cops. Don't take it that way...just remember there are a bunch of us out there day in and day out doing the damned best we can for you.
Your spot on. But do you trust that the random officer that gets the call home invasion in progress or robbery or shooting in progress is going to have the same dedication to duty??

as it is frequently documented there are enough donut munching backsliders in any occupation who are just riding it out to retirement and could give two farts if you survive or not. Police are no different.

Im not speaking of all or most just a small teeny tiny percent.

But giving citizens the option to carry a firearm into places like schools where criminals are currently gaurunteed there will be no armed resistance is the next hurdle we face in self defense.

Even if you get the totally dedicated ex navy seal who took out the head bomber in cave system solo with a drinking straw to respond to your 911 call he is still minutes away while the rapist is having his way with your unarmed daughter in a parking garage.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-12-2011 at 02:11 PM.