Gun Free Rape Zones - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Gun Free Rape Zones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2011, 01:12 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 9205 Times on 5058 Posts
Likes Given: 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101

you have to be KIDING......right?
Wait... Don't believe it? Call the cops and take a shot at a target at the same time and see which one reaches it's destination first.

I'm not knocking cops here, just saying it's faster to defend yourself than it is to wait for someone else to come do it for you.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:18 AM   #12

Liked 1789 Times on 924 Posts
Likes Given: 1356

A long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away;

I made the acquaintance of a member of the Black Panther Party. He had taken to carrying a bag made of paper, that’s how long ago it was. The NYC Panthers were having some internal power struggles at the time. In the event someone wanted to ‘discourage’ him from supporting various other Panther members, he thought he would just slap them with the paper bag a few times.

Inside the bag was a hatchet.

Last edited by Vincine; 12-11-2011 at 01:26 AM.

Old 12-11-2011, 01:31 AM   #13

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trip286

Wait... Don't believe it? Call the cops and take a shot at a target at the same time and see which one reaches it's destination first.

I'm not knocking cops here, just saying it's faster to defend yourself than it is to wait for someone else to come do it for you.
Sad. But true.

My significant other lives 9 city blocks from the Irmo, SC PD main station. In 2007 she was assaulted (sexually) by a black male. Woke up in the common area of her apartment building (a gated community) to the guy fondling her/himself.

Ran to her apartment across the hallway and dialed 911.

19 MINUTES later they arrived. No lights or sirens. Just two overweight officers with an attitude problem. Weren't even going to question the man until I arrived and told them they could question him briefly or respond to a homicide after they left. I KNOW, I was out of line by making threats, but the woman I love most had just been assaulted. Sue me.

Anyhow, he was questioned. Detained. Security footage was used in court. Her statement was used. We had him dead to rights. They even used his DNA (I'll suffice it to say that he "made a mess" on her Army uniform top)

The piece of **** got 36 months. Suspended. He also had to attend a "Mandatory Sexual Misconduct Seminar".

So yeah. Sadly, the police are usually too little, too late.

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-11-2011, 01:41 AM   #14

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

the Milwaukee pd has a PI** poor response time and people died because of it.

Old 12-11-2011, 02:39 AM   #15

Liked 41 Times on 30 Posts

I have the utmost respect for those who serve in law enforcement agencies and the military both. That said, I can't count on them to be there in the middle of the night when someone breaks into my home or when confronted in the parking lot of the business where I work. I don't carry a gun because if someone where I work found out I would lose my job immediately but I am almost never without a blade... I could call the police when I hear my front window break but chances are by the time they arrive the perpetraitor will have already had the opportunity to do me harm...

Old 12-11-2011, 02:58 AM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5733 Times on 3359 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlsbadRanger06 View Post
The piece of **** got 36 months. Suspended. He also had to attend a "Mandatory Sexual Misconduct Seminar".
Assuming he isn't currently rotting in a shallow grave, i am impressed with your self-control .................................................. ..........or your ability to dig a deep grave. Impressed either way.

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 12-11-2011, 03:08 AM   #17

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello

Assuming he isn't currently rotting in a shallow grave, i am impressed with your self-control .................................................. ..........or your ability to dig a deep grave. Impressed either way.
Oh man I thought up SOOOOO many ways to kill this guy and dispose of him.....

"Adjust your DOPE Sergeant! No! Not the pills in your pocket, idiot! That stuff that lets you hit your target Sunshine!"

"Sua Sponte"

The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his. General George Patton

Old 12-11-2011, 03:19 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5801 Times on 3029 Posts
Likes Given: 397

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf101 View Post
the Milwaukee pd has a PI** poor response time and people died because of it.
the scotus has ruled that the police forces of states cities and counties have absolutely no duty to save you.

the only requirment police have is to take statements if any survivors, collect evidence, count bullet holes.

the myth is the police are there to protect you. the truth is you are responsible for your own safety.

the sadness is that liberals want gun control in order to not feel bad if a 16 year old rapist just turning his life around, is shot by a 85 year old woman, with his pants around his ankles a knife in one hand and a raging erection in the other in the old woman's kitchen...

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-11-2011, 03:27 AM   #19

Liked 1958 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4286

Yep, this is true, Jon is a smart man. They have no duty to protect an individual, but the community as a whole.

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 12-11-2011, 09:26 AM   #20
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2970 Times on 1713 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

I keep fire extinguishers to put out fires in my home because the fire department may not come soon enough.
I keep first aid kits because I may be able to assist a hurt person before the ambulance arrives.

But I have to wait for the police to come if someone is in my home?

Something is wrong.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)