Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Gun Free Rape Zones (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/gun-free-rape-zones-53343/)

JonM 12-10-2011 10:17 PM

Gun Free Rape Zones

the places where your most likely to need a gun for self defense you are banned from carrying. government buildings (post offices), schools (school shootings ala virginia tech), airports (terrorist prime targets).

listen to this young lady's story:

Jpyle 12-10-2011 10:26 PM

Just take today's incident in LA. Some jihadist goes on a random shooting spree through the center of Hollywood. No one could do anything about it. Eventually an armed citizen, actually an off duty LEO, put him down. Point is the black and whites were to late to intervene.

H2oWerker 12-10-2011 10:37 PM

When seconds count...the police are minutes away...

gwk4667 12-10-2011 11:04 PM

My daughter is in the Marine Corps reserve and attending college - - - She has a lifetime CCW permit - - - the schools do not allow her to carry but we will cross that bridge when and if needed as I would rather fight to keep her out of jail than go the the morgue to claim her!

When walking to and from her car at night she leaves her hand in her purse and it is on a S&W airweight 38 ( hammerless so she can fire several rounds still in her purse)

She was also the top person in MCMAP ( Marine Corp Marshall Arts Program ) in boot camp.

danf_fl 12-10-2011 11:32 PM

JonM, you forgot to mention Chicago, IL

unclebear 12-10-2011 11:40 PM

I personally carry what ever I can when ever I can, I knew a lot of guys when I was in school that carried a knife hell I was one of them. Ya they had there uses for practical things but I'd rather have a knife on me when SHTF happened then be completely unarmed, the only places I don't carry at least a knife are the places that have medal detectors.

gwk4667 12-10-2011 11:46 PM

Now you are going to know how old I am.

While in high school several of us loved to go hunting together after school so we would put our shot guns behind the bus drivers seat till we got to school and then they stayed behind the home room teachers desk till time to go home. We also wore hunting vests and carried skinning knives.

I can't remember a fight in all 4 years.

Now they have banned all weapons and we keep getting students shot or stabed. I guess the liberals will protect us till we are all dead!

CarlsbadRanger06 12-11-2011 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gwk4667
Now you are going to know how old I am.

While in high school several of us loved to go hunting together after school so we would put our shot guns behind the bus drivers seat till we got to school and then they stayed behind the home room teachers desk till time to go home. We also wore hunting vests and carried skinning knives.

I can't remember a fight in all 4 years.

Now they have banned all weapons and we keep getting students shot or stabed. I guess the liberals will protect us till we are all dead!

Oh the better times. I was born and raised in a very small town in Oklahoma.

Every year, like clockwork, our Superintendent let us out of school on the first day of dove, quail, and deer (rifle) seasons.....

I also carried a 5" Spyderco knife in my pants (My Ag Ed teacher/FFA Advisir made custom Spyderco knives and still does).

Myself and my buddies also had rifle racks in the back windows of our trucks with loaded rifles and shotguns.

Nobody ever said anything. Around there, it would've been ABNORMAL not to have them!

dragunovsks 12-11-2011 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danf_fl
JonM, you forgot to mention Chicago, IL

Dont go to the west end of louisville without a gun

lonewolf101 12-11-2011 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H2oWerker (Post 648163)
When seconds count...the police are minutes away...

you have to be KIDING......right?