Gun Board=CPL
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Gun Board=CPL

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 04:11 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Gun Board=CPL

Well I finally get to go in front of the gun board over here in Macomb County Michigan. That in my understanding is just a formality and they ask 5 questions and I am issued my CPL!! It will be 74 days on Feb 1st since I turned in my paperwork and had my prints taken. I have been doing so much reading, waiting and trying to find the right carry gun and now they are ALL gone unless I want to pay about $100 more. Now I ask myself how long before guns are back in stock or are people going to continue to just buy stuff just to buy it?? I personally can't afford that so that's why I did my research and just my luck the media IMO has to get everyone in a panic so nothing is available. Anyway IM FINALLY GETTING MY CPL!!! 👍🔫😝

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-26-2013, 05:47 PM   #2

Liked 54 Times on 43 Posts

I wasn't asked any questions at my gun board in Jackson Co.

There are lots of handguns available in the greater Lansing area. All of the semi autos, primers, bullets, and loaded ammo are gone.

Old 01-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 870 Times on 525 Posts
Likes Given: 193

Go get a purchase permit!

Why is Macomb still interviewing on "shall issue"?

Old 01-27-2013, 03:56 AM   #4

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by partdeux
Go get a purchase permit!

Why is Macomb still interviewing on "shall issue"?
Not sure I don't work for Macomb County but I guess I will go get my PP since I'm getting my CPL in 6 days and darn in November I should have know all this crap was coming and the particular gun that is comfortable for me to hold shoot and carry would not be available once I got my CPL. I should have said forget getting something to fit ME and just bought any ol gun!! Shame on me for trying out different guns at the range at $50 a pop

Old 01-29-2013, 02:03 PM   #5

Liked 92 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by markie357

Not sure I don't work for Macomb County but I guess I will go get my PP since I'm getting my CPL in 6 days and darn in November I should have know all this crap was coming and the particular gun that is comfortable for me to hold shoot and carry would not be available once I got my CPL. I should have said forget getting something to fit ME and just bought any ol gun!! Shame on me for trying out different guns at the range at $50 a pop
Why are you getting your pp? Do you have a gun picked out and waiting for you? Once you have your cpl you don't need a pp in Macomb county.

Old 01-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #6

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

No Capto I'm not actually it was sarcasm because partdeux said go get a PP. I do have a gun picked but availability is the issue. I took my class and applied in Nov before everything became unavailable. I tried a few guns but its hard because I go in and it cost range time, ammo and rental so I went when I could. I really like the SR9c so I just have to be patient. I don't work so I just have to wait this out and by the time they are available without the price being raised ill have my money. Yea I'm picky I want it new. People say get used you won't have to break it in, my first gun and I want to be the one to break it in

Old 01-29-2013, 03:23 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by markie357
No Capto I'm not actually it was sarcasm because partdeux said go get a PP. I do have a gun picked but availability is the issue. I took my class and applied in Nov before everything became unavailable. I tried a few guns but its hard because I go in and it cost range time, ammo and rental so I went when I could. I really like the SR9c so I just have to be patient. I don't work so I just have to wait this out and by the time they are available without the price being raised ill have my money. Yea I'm picky I want it new. People say get used you won't have to break it in, my first gun and I want to be the one to break it in
Gotchya lol. I didn't note the sarcasm. I read over it too quickly.

I'm taking my cpl class in march at close quarters tactical in Utica. I bought my cc gun the day after newtown. It was planned though, I had been researching for a while. I chose the sp101 2.25 barrel. 357. So far I love it. I bought it from Michi-gun. They have a decent selection and things are always coming in and out. Good staff also.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:21 PM   #8

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts

When I went to my gunboard meeting they asked me about an MIP I had gotten about 8 years earlier. Other then that I think they ask have you ever been mentally ill, on depressant medication and then said the lady over there has your permit. Really it is more of a formality then anything. The guy ahead of me I remember had a few fights he got arrested for and had a call about discharging a firearm to close to a building and still got it. You won't have a problem lol.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brue182
When I went to my gunboard meeting they asked me about an MIP I had gotten about 8 years earlier. Other then that I think they ask have you ever been mentally ill, on depressant medication and then said the lady over there has your permit. Really it is more of a formality then anything. The guy ahead of me I remember had a few fights he got arrested for and had a call about discharging a firearm to close to a building and still got it. You won't have a problem lol.
I also had an mip 8 years ago. Along with a possession of marijuana. Long story. That's the only thing I'm concerned with. But what's the worst that can happen?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM   #10

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I hope this works,

Here is a link you may want to check out

http://www.legallyarmedindetroit.com/2009/12/four-questions-michigan-county-gun.html?m=1