Which gun is better for the night stand? - Page 24
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Which gun is better for the night stand?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #231
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 955 Times on 582 Posts
Likes Given: 386

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankTop
I hate hypothetical questions, but here goes anyway. It's the middle of the night and I hear an intruder. I get my gun confront the BG and determine he is unarmed. If I order him to the ground or to leave and he tries to attack me instead, my thought process is I must use my firearm at that point because if I loose hand to hand the BG is now in possession of my gun? This to me sounds like one of the worst legal positions to be in, anyone have any thoughts?
I'll weigh in...
Anyone breaking into my house while the family is tucked in will be considered dangerous and be shot if they fail to identify, be identified, or comply. That's it. End of story. Too much riding on a split second decision and my failure to spot a knife or firearm with wife and kids to consider.

Me alone in that scenario might buy them one more chance to get prone and comply....but that is it.

I feel good about that approach in my State from a legal standpoint, but would take that action regardless of statutes and laws...my family, my house, my weapon, my responsibility, my decision.

...and yes, the Sheriffs department would be contacted immediately!

If It Were Easy, They Would Not Call It Work, And Everyone Would Do It

axxe55 Likes This 
Old 06-01-2013, 11:53 PM   #232
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruggieTex View Post
I'll weigh in...
Anyone breaking into my house while the family is tucked in will be considered dangerous and be shot if they fail to identify, be identified, or comply. That's it. End of story. Too much riding on a split second decision and my failure to spot a knife or firearm with wife and kids to consider.

Me alone in that scenario might buy them one more chance to get prone and comply....but that is it.

I feel good about that approach in my State from a legal standpoint, but would take that action regardless of statutes and laws...my family, my house, my weapon, my responsibility, my decision.

...and yes, the Sheriffs department would be contacted immediately!
well said Truggie. pretty much mirrors my thoughts on this as well.

just because they appear unarmed, doesn't always mean they are.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:15 AM   #233

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

okaaaay. Sounds to me like you don't know the "just-us" system very well.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:20 AM   #234

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttsl View Post
okaaaay. Sounds to me like you don't know the "just-us" system very well.
you know all you seem to be doing is popping up all over the forum making a fool out of yourself.

have anything constructive or informative to add to any discussion other than your smart remarks, doom and gloom predictions or your "so-called" expertise on how good you are with a firearm?

an old saying you might want to think about. better to be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. well doubt has been removen in your case.
Old 06-02-2013, 01:25 AM   #235

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

well said Truggie. pretty much mirrors my thoughts on this as well.

just because they appear unarmed, doesn't always mean they are.
Odds are extremely high that you will never have to deal with any kind of home invasion!! More so than we want to believe! Depending on the neighborhood of course!! I'm going to google the odds just for kicks!! I believe it is more likely to get caught up in a random shooting at your local fast food chain, than a home invasion with harm as being the motivation!! Nice to hear everyone has a plan and knows how they would react!! I think it's BS but its great toilet entertainment -

Old 06-02-2013, 01:28 AM   #236

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahall View Post
Odds are extremely high that you will never have to deal with any kind of home invasion!! More so than we want to believe! Depending on the neighborhood of course!! I'm going to google the odds just for kicks!! I believe it is more likely to get caught up in a random shooting at your local fast food chain, than a home invasion with harm as being the motivation!! Nice to hear everyone has a plan and knows how they would react!! I think it's BS but its great toilet entertainment -
why is it that some people make assumptions about others when they have no personal knowledge or interaction with them other than that done on a forum?
Old 06-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #237

Liked 160 Times on 138 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by axxe55

why is it that some people make assumptions about others when they have no personal knowledge or interaction with them other than that done on a forum?
You got me??

Old 06-02-2013, 01:38 AM   #238

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts

some times, it's quite obvious, that's why. :-) Plenty of people have been imprisoned, or suffered mightily, for trusting their lives to the veracity of prosecutor, judge, grand jury, their OWN attorney, and 12 old grandmas who couldn't get out of pulling jury duty.

Old 06-02-2013, 01:46 AM   #239

Quote:
some times, it's quite obvious, that's why. :-) Plenty of people have been imprisoned, or suffered mightily, for trusting their lives to the veracity of prosecutor, judge, grand jury, their OWN attorney, and 12 old grandmas who couldn't get out of pulling jury duty.
i'm sorry TTSL, did you say something that amounts to anything of importance?

chirping sound of the crickets continues..........................

yep, just as i thought, nothing again......
Old 06-02-2013, 03:48 AM   #240
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5697 Times on 3221 Posts
Likes Given: 5104

Quote:

Wow!! I aint never seen no 12 yere ol' gramma! Whut's one look like???

Winston Churchill