Gun belt help please!!
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Gun belt help please!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Gun belt help please!!

I am looking for a high quality belt that is nice enough to wear to work for IWB carry. Can I get some suggestions please? Thank you

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-02-2013, 10:07 PM   #2

Check out SOE Gear. I've use em for years in and out of the military. Never had any gear fail on me. Or find a belt that is very well made locally. I'm sure you could find one either way. Just needs to be sturdy and have an appropriate level of awesome.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:42 AM   #3

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Try www.thebeltman.net makes some great leather gun belts.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:54 AM   #4

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by eborden1122 View Post
I am looking for a high quality belt that is nice enough to wear to work for IWB carry. Can I get some suggestions please? Thank you
what king of work do you do? a web type belt might pass in a machine shop but not in an office.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-03-2013, 05:14 AM   #5

Liked 25 Times on 20 Posts

This is a question that I've had too. So I guess the point is that as long as the best is nice and sturdy, then it's fine?

Old 03-03-2013, 05:19 AM   #6

Liked 763 Times on 442 Posts
Likes Given: 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALfiremedic1 View Post
This is a question that I've had too. So I guess the point is that as long as the best is nice and sturdy, then it's fine?
Yes. Generally speaking a sturdy 2" leather belt is sufficient. Unfortunately not all gun belts are equal. You do not want to wear a belt with a "tell" because it appears out of place in a particular situation.

"The whole of the Bill (of Rights) is a declaration of the right of the people at large or considered as individuals.... It establishes some rights of the individual as unalienable and which consequently, no majority has a right to deprive them of." (Albert Gallatin of the New York Historical Society, October 7, 1789)

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." - George Washington

Old 03-03-2013, 11:34 AM   #7

Budk.com has a few 2" pistol belts that are good quality.

Old 03-03-2013, 12:09 PM   #8

Liked 42 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdauben View Post
Try www.thebeltman.net makes some great leather gun belts.
I second The Beltman recommedation. I have two of his belts, and can't say enough good things about them. Lots of options from which to choose, and of particular propriety to those who carry IWB, he offers closer hole spacing which makes fine tuning for comfort much easier.

CrossBreed also offers a good gunbelt, too, from what I've read, although I haven't used theirs.

XD-40 service, XD-9sc, member GeorgiaCarry.Org, National Rifle Association, Gun Owners of America, North American Hunting Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation

Old 03-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #9
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jpyle View Post
what king of work do you do? a web type belt might pass in a machine shop but not in an office.
Good question, its a professional setting where a sport coat is needed and sometime a suit/tie. Thats why I need it to look nice but also sturdy. Thanks everyone for your help, Ed

HOTTY TODDY!!!!

Old 03-03-2013, 05:20 PM   #10

Ooh. Ok. Yeah I'd get a sturdy leather. But be prepared to need to replace it after a few years. They tend to stretch after while.