Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Got Surprised at Work (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/got-surprised-work-17392/)

Robert NC 08-27-2009 01:02 AM

Got Surprised at Work

Had my pistol in at work today. Locked it in my tool box til lunch. Carried it out to the car so I could get a holster at the gun shop. Came back from Lunch and the Service Manager asked if I was carrying. Told him no that the guns were locked in the car (Within sight of my work bays). He told me good that some people don't have the same sense of humor that he and I do. Turns out we aren't supposed to have a weapon at work, even CCW. I goofed because I let one of the managers above the service manager see me walk out. Oh well. Can see the reason no weapons in the work place with some of the loonies that work there. Learned a lesson on that one.

rifleman1 08-27-2009 01:17 AM

i've been pretty lucky my boss don't mind if i carry at work as long as i don't brandish it.

BILLYBOB44 08-27-2009 01:59 AM

Been there-done that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert NC (Post 151325)
Had my pistol in at work today. Locked it in my tool box til lunch. Carried it out to the car so I could get a holster at the gun shop. Came back from Lunch and the Service Manager asked if I was carrying. Told him no that the guns were locked in the car (Within sight of my work bays). He told me good that some people don't have the same sense of humor that he and I do. Turns out we aren't supposed to have a weapon at work, even CCW. I goofed because I let one of the managers above the service manager see me walk out. Oh well. Can see the reason no weapons in the work place with some of the loonies that work there. Learned a lesson on that one.

I, like you have CCW (For over 30years) in this state. I unlike you DO store my small carry gun in my tool box during work hours. They do have written policy in the handbook about weapons. To be locked in car in employee parking lot. My .32acp. will stay in my tool box until told not to. No Mgr. has any idea that it is there, and that is fine with me.;)

Robert NC 08-27-2009 02:17 AM

They'll never see it again I am sure oof that

SGT-MILLER 08-27-2009 02:41 AM

Glad to hear that they were at least cool about it.

Gojubrian 08-27-2009 02:48 AM

Weapons aren't even allowed on the property where I work, not even in the car. That's great...... :mad: but, ccw is allowed in Arkansas, I work the overnight shift, and the 'security gates' are stuck open alot of times. It's in a bad part of the city as well. Just lovely, I guess I'll scream and throw stuff at bad guys...... :p

feedsasquatch 08-27-2009 02:52 AM

I'm about to get my licence in the mail (3-4 weeks) and have yet to decide if I'm going to keep it on me at work or not. Technically, it's against company policy. If a big enough fuss was made about it, I could probably get fired. But what good is a gun in my car, if some cold-blooded killer comes into my store guns-a-blazing? Oh, that's right, I'm supposed to remain calm, and call 911, not 1911...

Shotgun Shooter 08-27-2009 03:27 AM

But 1911 does what you want it to do. Unlike 911. Plus, 911 is alot slower.

S.S.

feedsasquatch 08-27-2009 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shotgun Shooter (Post 151427)
But 1911 does what you want it to do. Unlike 911. Plus, 911 is alot slower.

S.S.

Yes, but if I rely on 911, and not 1911 I get to keep my job. Unless, of course, no one knows that I rely on 1911 and not 911, until the day that it's needed...

Shotgun Shooter 08-27-2009 03:58 AM

But...1911 can get you another job. 911 may be too late to allow you to keep the job.

S.S.