Got my permit - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Got my permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 09:30 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 12 Posts

In ny a actuall conceal carry you can carry anywhere except the obvious.nyc is a different story all together along with counties with large citys in it like Erie. I live in southern tier cattaragus county and can carry anywhere...but still ny sucks mostly because of that damn city at the bottom of the state.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:49 PM   #12

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default ccw permit in missouri

i filed my ccw apllication on the 26th of last month and my friend filed his 3-4 days after mine,he got a call thur saying he can pick his permit up the following tues . what the hick way is mine taking so long? do they only do so many back ground checks at once?

Old 09-25-2013, 02:07 AM   #13

Liked 110 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 219

nice, congrats.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:18 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

I'd have to say a 29 day wait is pretty amazing. I waited about two months back in NC, and this was in... 2011? I think? Anyway it was quite a ways before Sandy Hook and the run on permits and guns.

Back about six months ago I looked into getting a permit here in Kalifornia, and the first step was to have an interview with the local sheriff. I called to schedule one, and I was told there weren't any openings until December. That's right, there was at least a nine month wait on getting the initial interview. That's before you even START the paperwork.

And then the background check they do on you takes forever in this county. Its almost equivalent to getting a full-on security clearance.

I imagine it would take a minimum of a year to get my permit here, if I were so inclined.

Please count your blessings.

Old 09-25-2013, 02:52 AM   #15

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I love Bucks County PA. Conceal carry permits take about 30 minutes to get.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:21 AM   #16

Liked 28 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW357
I'd have to say a 29 day wait is pretty amazing. I waited about two months back in NC, and this was in... 2011? I think? Anyway it was quite a ways before Sandy Hook and the run on permits and guns. Back about six months ago I looked into getting a permit here in Kalifornia, and the first step was to have an interview with the local sheriff. I called to schedule one, and I was told there weren't any openings until December. That's right, there was at least a nine month wait on getting the initial interview. That's before you even START the paperwork. And then the background check they do on you takes forever in this county. Its almost equivalent to getting a full-on security clearance. I imagine it would take a minimum of a year to get my permit here, if I were so inclined. Please count your blessings.
That's nothing.. Here in ny I was told 8 month wait just to get fingerprinted!!!! Then my background check starts, which down the road there is an interview, which prob is backed up too.. I heard from people that it's taking 12-18 months from the day your app is put in to u getting cleared...

Then.....

When u want to buy a gun. U go to the store show him your permit.( can't even handle a pistol without your permit) pick the gun u want and pay the man.. U take the paper work and drive 25 min to the pistol building and they put the serial number on the back of your permit.. Then you go back to the store, complete the usual paperwork and pass a normal background check call and THEN you may take your gun... But hold up!!! You can't take that gun now home or to the range!!! You must bring it back to the same place u were an hr ago so they can "inspect" the gun and match the serial numbers...

Pass all this and you get a grade a pistol
Permit that u can only posses your gun while your going to and from the range... God I hate this state..

Old 09-25-2013, 12:54 PM   #17
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8220 Times on 4234 Posts
Likes Given: 9466

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36 View Post
NY Conceal carry permit is only good to and from a range? My god man. I knew those permits were hard to get but I thought IF you were able to atain one its like any other states permit. . That sucks. I cant understand why anyone but the marxist totalitarianists would live in that state

Some of us were born here! If you lived where I do, you would know why its worth fighting for, The Garden of Eden doesnt have anything on Upstate, The real state Of New York. 95% of our counties have stood up against "The Safe Act" and the next elections gonna cost anti 2A Republicrats their jobs.

Im gearing up to get my permit soon, my counties one of the better in the state 2A wise, keep my fingers crossed!

Old 09-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #18
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 3729 Times on 2286 Posts
Likes Given: 1224

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post
I just got a call that my cpl has come in here in WA. It took 29 out of the 30 days allowed. Is this just them being overloaded or why would they be cutting it do close.
I just realized the OP was from back in January.

I don't know why these old threads keep getting resurrected.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:40 PM   #19

Liked 81 Times on 56 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post

That's nothing.. Here in ny I was told 8 month wait just to get fingerprinted!!!! Then my background check starts, which down the road there is an interview, which prob is backed up too.. I heard from people that it's taking 12-18 months from the day your app is put in to u getting cleared...

Then.....

When u want to buy a gun. U go to the store show him your permit.( can't even handle a pistol without your permit) pick the gun u want and pay the man.. U take the paper work and drive 25 min to the pistol building and they put the serial number on the back of your permit.. Then you go back to the store, complete the usual paperwork and pass a normal background check call and THEN you may take your gun... But hold up!!! You can't take that gun now home or to the range!!! You must bring it back to the same place u were an hr ago so they can "inspect" the gun and match the serial numbers...

Permit that u can only posses your gun while your going to and from the range... God I hate this state..
Holy @@@@ man, that's crazy,, where do you live? So I can be sure to never go there... no offense bro but that is blatant infringement of your rights wrapped in red tape.

Old 09-25-2013, 09:37 PM   #20

Liked 1254 Times on 813 Posts
Likes Given: 792

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post

Then.....

The problem is it varies by county. Say if you live in Allegheny county takes a about 3 months to get fingerprinted, background check and receive said permit... which BTW is un restricted.. but if you live 2 counties north in genesee county your wait time is between 4 to 9 months and for the first 5 years is only good to go to and from ranges. Erie county is between 12 and 18 months and is restricted also.... but a guy who has an Allegheny permit is legal to carry across the state except in NYC... makes sense right?
when I am torn into strips and used as bandages
for my wounded comrades on the battlefield,
When I fly at half-mast to honor my soldiers,
Or when I lie in the trembling arms
of a grieving mother
at the graveside of her fallen son.

Last edited by jjfuller1; 09-25-2013 at 09:39 PM.