Got my permit
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Got my permit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Default Got my permit

I just got a call that my cpl has come in here in WA. It took 29 out of the 30 days allowed. Is this just them being overloaded or why would they be cutting it do close.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-22-2013, 08:03 PM   #2

Liked 91 Times on 67 Posts

That is the most likely scenario.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:06 AM   #3

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Here in Oregon we have background checks. It use to take about 15 minutes, now is several hours and most are postponed a few weeks. Luckily there's a policy that if after 3 days no word is received approval can be assumed and you can pick up your firearm. You can still technically be denied and they can come and take your gun, but how likely that is seems very questionable to me.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:29 AM   #4

Liked 50 Times on 34 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Here in Oregon we have background checks. It use to take about 15 minutes, now is several hours and most are postponed a few weeks. Luckily there's a policy that if after 3 days no word is received approval can be assumed and you can pick up your firearm. You can still technically be denied and they can come and take your gun, but how likely that is seems very questionable to me.
Our background checks and the LGS are still fast, but this was for the cpl. I thought it might take a week because not much is required. And they just give you some crappy paper card, not like a license.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:39 AM   #5

Liked 292 Times on 252 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus View Post

Our background checks and the LGS are still fast, but this was for the cpl. I thought it might take a week because not much is required. And they just give you some crappy paper card, not like a license.
Yeah I can't recall how long it took to get my CHL, but it stands to reason that everything is going slower and anything that requires an approval process and background check has to wait its turn in line. Right now those lines are long!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #6
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2971 Times on 1714 Posts
Likes Given: 1274

Just be careful out there. You represent millions of other CCW people.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

Old 01-23-2013, 12:10 PM   #7

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hectocotylus
I just got a call that my cpl has come in here in WA. It took 29 out of the 30 days allowed. Is this just them being overloaded or why would they be cutting it do close.
Don't complain over 29 days... I have to wait 14 months for mine since I handed in my paper work... Then when I get it I can't even carry for self defense... Only to and from the range.. This is the wonderful world of NY for ya..
Old 01-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #8

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 367

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 View Post
Don't complain over 29 days... I have to wait 14 months for mine since I handed in my paper work... Then when I get it I can't even carry for self defense... Only to and from the range.. This is the wonderful world of NY for ya..
NY Conceal carry permit is only good to and from a range? My god man. I knew those permits were hard to get but I thought IF you were able to atain one its like any other states permit. . That sucks. I cant understand why anyone but the marxist totalitarianists would live in that state

" Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. " - Benjamin Franklin

Old 01-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #9

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

In Kansas mine took nearly 120 days. They say it should take less than 90 but last year we had our highest ever. The wait was horrible, my wife said if I asked her about the mail again I wouldn't need a permit anymore

Old 01-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #10

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0zt36

NY Conceal carry permit is only good to and from a range? My god man. I knew those permits were hard to get but I thought IF you were able to atain one its like any other states permit. . That sucks. I cant understand why anyone but the marxist totalitarianists would live in that state
Yupp depending on what county u r in its all different... NYC impossible to get, Nassau and suffolk u can get over time. But they are then stamped restricted... They don't believe in guns being used for self defense..

Ill be moving out of here the end of next year prob.. FL NC TN TX AZ... Are my choices as of now.. Gunna be nice to have my money and freedom back..