Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Got my permit (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/got-my-permit-82152/)

Hectocotylus 01-22-2013 08:53 PM

Got my permit

I just got a call that my cpl has come in here in WA. It took 29 out of the 30 days allowed. Is this just them being overloaded or why would they be cutting it do close.

marc29th 01-22-2013 09:03 PM

That is the most likely scenario.

BeyondTheBox 01-23-2013 05:06 AM

Here in Oregon we have background checks. It use to take about 15 minutes, now is several hours and most are postponed a few weeks. Luckily there's a policy that if after 3 days no word is received approval can be assumed and you can pick up your firearm. You can still technically be denied and they can come and take your gun, but how likely that is seems very questionable to me.

Hectocotylus 01-23-2013 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeyondTheBox
Here in Oregon we have background checks. It use to take about 15 minutes, now is several hours and most are postponed a few weeks. Luckily there's a policy that if after 3 days no word is received approval can be assumed and you can pick up your firearm. You can still technically be denied and they can come and take your gun, but how likely that is seems very questionable to me.

Our background checks and the LGS are still fast, but this was for the cpl. I thought it might take a week because not much is required. And they just give you some crappy paper card, not like a license.

BeyondTheBox 01-23-2013 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hectocotylus (Post 1106496)

Our background checks and the LGS are still fast, but this was for the cpl. I thought it might take a week because not much is required. And they just give you some crappy paper card, not like a license.

Yeah I can't recall how long it took to get my CHL, but it stands to reason that everything is going slower and anything that requires an approval process and background check has to wait its turn in line. Right now those lines are long!

danf_fl 01-23-2013 12:53 PM

Just be careful out there. You represent millions of other CCW people.

hockeyjr1 01-23-2013 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hectocotylus
I just got a call that my cpl has come in here in WA. It took 29 out of the 30 days allowed. Is this just them being overloaded or why would they be cutting it do close.

Don't complain over 29 days... I have to wait 14 months for mine since I handed in my paper work... Then when I get it I can't even carry for self defense... Only to and from the range.. This is the wonderful world of NY for ya..

Gh0zt36 01-23-2013 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyjr1 (Post 1106657)
Don't complain over 29 days... I have to wait 14 months for mine since I handed in my paper work... Then when I get it I can't even carry for self defense... Only to and from the range.. This is the wonderful world of NY for ya..

NY Conceal carry permit is only good to and from a range? My god man. I knew those permits were hard to get but I thought IF you were able to atain one its like any other states permit. . :confused: That sucks. I cant understand why anyone but the marxist totalitarianists would live in that state

krosskelt 01-23-2013 09:14 PM

In Kansas mine took nearly 120 days. They say it should take less than 90 but last year we had our highest ever. The wait was horrible, my wife said if I asked her about the mail again I wouldn't need a permit anymore ;)

hockeyjr1 01-23-2013 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gh0zt36

NY Conceal carry permit is only good to and from a range? My god man. I knew those permits were hard to get but I thought IF you were able to atain one its like any other states permit. . :confused: That sucks. I cant understand why anyone but the marxist totalitarianists would live in that state

Yupp depending on what county u r in its all different... NYC impossible to get, Nassau and suffolk u can get over time. But they are then stamped restricted... They don't believe in guns being used for self defense..

Ill be moving out of here the end of next year prob.. FL NC TN TX AZ... Are my choices as of now.. Gunna be nice to have my money and freedom back..