Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Got my LCR !!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Got my LCR !!!

Finally made the move and brought home my Ruger LCR Now I can have something to carry when its warmer and I dont have alot of concealment clothing on . Hey Cane does yours have an annoying rattle from the transfer bar ?? I called Ruger and they said it was normal

Made the switch from

To this

Last edited by ktmboyz; 09-18-2009 at 01:20 AM.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 10-01-2009, 10:17 PM   #2

Liked 30 Times on 23 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Congrats buddy!!! I got one about a month ago and love it!! Mine has the transfer bar rattle as well but for the most part you never hear it while you're carrying it.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:49 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 50 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I've had my LCR for about 6/7 months now. Love it...

Old 10-19-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Congrats on the purchase! What are you using for carry ammo?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 10-20-2009, 11:48 PM   #5

I've had mine for a few months....very nice carry on the hip....

Old 10-21-2009, 01:31 AM   #6

Liked 1414 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

ktm, I don't know how I missed this!!

Yea it rattles but only when I shake it.

I don't shiver down here in Florida so it's not been an issue. I had a piss quiver while carring and didn't hear a sound.

When summer is over in another month or two I'll switch back to my Colt.

Rusty, (?) I carry Cor-Bon 38 Special +P 110gr DPX and when I pull the loud switch on this 13.5 oz puppy my arthritic wrist lets me know its +P! I’d rather shoot Fenrir, but I'd rather carry my Elsie Ahrrrr! Target load wad cutters are an absolute pleasure to shoot and I can run 200-300 in a single range session with no problemo. Asmel can attest to this and I'm sure he will back me with saying it has the sweetest DA trigger around.

Hooks, hop over to the Introduction Section and tell us a little about yourself.

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 10-21-2009, 03:38 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Congratulations.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 10-22-2009, 02:21 AM   #8
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
ktm, I don't know how I missed this!!

Yea it rattles but only when I shake it.

I don't shiver down here in Florida so it's not been an issue. I had a piss quiver while carring and didn't hear a sound.

When summer is over in another month or two I'll switch back to my Colt.

Rusty, (?) I carry Cor-Bon 38 Special +P 110gr DPX and when I pull the loud switch on this 13.5 oz puppy my arthritic wrist lets me know its +P! I’d rather shoot Fenrir, but I'd rather carry my Elsie Ahrrrr! Target load wad cutters are an absolute pleasure to shoot and I can run 200-300 in a single range session with no problemo. Asmel can attest to this and I'm sure he will back me with saying it has the sweetest DA trigger around.

Hooks, hop over to the Introduction Section and tell us a little about yourself.
Two questions,
First what is the rattle, Something that will gain attention just enjoying daily life or something you have to be break dancing to to make happen? I truly want to buy this pistol as my next gun but if it rattles like old guy with a pocket full of coins then that is an issue.

Second question the ammo strips in the photo, who makes them? Do you use them and if you do what do you think of them?

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 10-22-2009, 02:31 AM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 22 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 37

The rattle is just the transfer bar in the trigger mechanism. Its not very bad or very loud just something I noticed and at the time was fust wondering if it was normal. Next time you see one just shake it a little and you will hear it. It doesnt bother me at all, I just have a thing about noises that shouldnt be there, maybe its from too many years as a auto tech lol

Old 10-26-2009, 05:07 PM   #10

Liked 39 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by canebrake View Post
Asmel can attest to this and I'm sure he will back me with saying it has the sweetest DA trigger around.
I certify that!
“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my dear friend, is the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
Dr. Adrian Rogers”

TELL CHAVEZ NOW! CLICK HERE

Newest Threads