Got called paranoid today! - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Got called paranoid today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 06:51 AM   #31
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhesr View Post
So the wife's little sister and her boyfriend were at the house when I got home today. I'm taking my car tomorrow so I grabbed the AR from behind the pick-up seat. I got to thinking that I hadn't run an oil patch thru the bore in months and took it into the house with me.

I had just put my AR, main carry and back-up weapons on the table in my den when Mike, my probable future brother-in-law, came into the room. Now this guy has a CCW too and carries a SA 1911 Govt also. Thats why it surprised me when the first words out of his mouth were, "get'in kinda paranoid ain't ya pops".

I really hadn't thought about it, most of the people I know carry a loaded rifle or shotgun behind their truck seat or in the trunk of their car. Mike doesn't and thought I was sort of over doing it. My CCW covers loaded long arms, exposed or concealed, it don't matter.

I don't think I'm paranoid - handguns are great, but I do get the warm fuzzies knowing I can lay my hands on 200 rds of 5.56 and a rifle in a hurry if needed.

So what ya think! Am I a sick puppy, (only about this topic please) or just well prepared. Anyone else use a rifle as part of their CCW weapons? Ken
Your not paranoid and your not alone. I carry a bail out bag with my RIA compact and spare mags and ammo for my M-1 Carbine, on me I have my XD45C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
Of course we have the old standby: "Better to have and not need than to need and not have."
A truer saying there has never been.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
I wonder how so many people have been lulled into such a false sense of security

I got into an argument with my sister and her husband last month after they told me that they wanted to take a trip to Mexico. I asked where, they said Acapulco. I asked if they had just heard in the news about the mass beheadings that occurred. They replied it doesn't happen in the resorts. WTF?!?

Why is that people automatically assume that the entire world is just like their cul de sac neighborhood?

Almost forgot ... you're paranoid!
Living here on the borader of Az/Mexico you have to be very careful where you go when you are out and about camping or fishing. Or doing anything.

Old 07-04-2011, 07:00 AM   #32

I look at the question like this.

Most people don't don't expect to run over a nail, but that doesn't keep them from carrying a spare.

carrying a weapon in case of emergency is no different than keeping a spare tire

Old 07-04-2011, 12:26 PM   #33

Default Question

Are you in a 3rd world country .When I think there might be trouble I dont go.
If I have to go I bring my XDM 3.8 9mm 3 mags about 55 rds , Most times my PF9 or 340pd will do

guns-002.jpg  

Old 07-04-2011, 01:50 PM   #34
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1879 Times on 1337 Posts
Likes Given: 2118

Default Who's paranoid...........

I keep a loaded rifle and a roll of toilet paper in my truck. The rifle is for me and the toilet paper for the guy at the end of my barrel..... You ain't paranoid my friend only dam'n well prepared, somebodys got to take care of those that are truly paranoid, the ones that don't like people with guns.

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

Old 07-04-2011, 04:35 PM   #35

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Recently, I was required to attend a work function hosted in a town approximately 2.75 hours (driving time) from my home. In packing the truck, I placed three spare mags for my XD in the locking console. I took the 12 guage pump from under the back seat and replaced it with one of my AR's along with six mags in a chest rig. Beside that went a small pack with "essentials".

My wife, who fully supports my "preparedness" cocked an eyebrow at the AR/ammo/GHB. "We're only going overnight hunny..."

My response? "We're going to be almost 200 miles from home."

She says: "Is there room for my gun?"

Laugh at me if you wish. He who laughs last, is still alive.

Old 07-04-2011, 04:56 PM   #36
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 32 Times on 24 Posts
Likes Given: 30

I prefer to call it "prepared".

Old 07-04-2011, 05:31 PM   #37

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts

I also don't keep a long gun in my truck because I'm paranoid about having it stolen while I'm not in my truck. I got a CCW so I wouldn't have to leave my gun in my truck.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:45 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatPat View Post
Recently, I was required to attend a work function hosted in a town approximately 2.75 hours (driving time) from my home. In packing the truck, I placed three spare mags for my XD in the locking console. I took the 12 guage pump from under the back seat and replaced it with one of my AR's along with six mags in a chest rig. Beside that went a small pack with "essentials".

My wife, who fully supports my "preparedness" cocked an eyebrow at the AR/ammo/GHB. "We're only going overnight hunny..."

My response? "We're going to be almost 200 miles from home."

She says: "Is there room for my gun?"

Laugh at me if you wish. He who laughs last, is still alive.
When I started dating my wife 15yrs ago she thought that I was paranoid for carrying what I did until she started working in the Law Enforcement area. Now she carries her Glock 19, 2 spare mags and a Taurus Model 85.

The world has changed in the last 20yrs, and not for the better. What bothers me is how ignorant some people can be to what is going on around them until it is to late.

Old 07-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #39
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6563 Times on 3635 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Your only paranoid until something happens.

What would be really paranoid though is if you had a RPK or a M249 in your truck insted of an AR 15

Old 07-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #40

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phelenwolf View Post
When I started dating my wife 15yrs ago she thought that I was paranoid for carrying what I did until she started working in the Law Enforcement area. Now she carries her Glock 19, 2 spare mags and a Taurus Model 85.

The world has changed in the last 20yrs, and not for the better. What bothers me is how ignorant some people can be to what is going on around them until it is to late.
A lot of how we view the kind of stuff we talk about on this and any other board, is dictated by our experiences. What guns we like/trust, what brand of equipment we prefer, etc. Some things, however, require a little imagination.
Given the state of the world around me, and what I've personally witnessed in my life, I have no problem whatever imagining how little it would really take to put me and mine into a survival situation.
The odds? Well, the odds are I'll never, ever draw my weapon, much less need to shoot someone with it. That's the odds. If I lived my life on what the odds are, I'd be much more affluent.