Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Got called paranoid today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 12:05 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 26 Times on 21 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenhesr View Post
I'm taking my car tomorrow so I grabbed the AR from behind the pick-up seat. I got to thinking that I hadn't run an oil patch thru the bore in months and took it into the house with me.
If ya had put a rubber on the end of that AR muzzle, an barrel lube job would have not been necessary, and you could have been prepared in two ways.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

"There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter." - Hemingway

“The greatest ignorance is to reject something you know nothing about.”

Old 06-01-2011, 12:08 AM   #22
Si Vis Pacem,Para Bellum
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 241 Times on 145 Posts
Likes Given: 649

only the paranoid survive..

Old 06-01-2011, 12:33 AM   #23

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Think of it like this... You're just slightly ahead of the survival curve. Your rifle should be your primary firearm with a big bore handgun for a back-up. That's exactly what kept me alive for 19 months in Viet Nam with the paratroopers. If you're paranoid then so am I. Up until the time I left Viet Nam, I always carried a rifle, a couple of grenades, a handgun and knife or bayonet with me everywhere I went over there. You're being smart to just be prepared for those "just in case situations." Now, the next question is, "Do you have some sort of scope mounted on your rifle or not?" A good tactical scope gives you a little more than normal advantage over other shooters if trouble suddenly pops up.

Old 06-01-2011, 12:44 AM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4467 Times on 2357 Posts
Likes Given: 255

just cuz your paranoid does NOT mean they arent out to get ya.

having a rifle handy if you can manage it is very very wise

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 06-01-2011, 03:47 AM   #25
WDB

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

I don't carry a rifle in my truck or car as I'm paranoid in a different way. I don't like to leave firearms in my rides in case they are stolen...now I just armed a car thief. I expect if I could design a hide spot so it wasn't in the a location a person stealing a car/truck I might look but then it would be hard to get to if I needed it. I will keep with the firearm on body and expect in most real world situatuions it will surfice. As much as I would like to keep an AR in my truck, I haven't found a spot the BG wouldn't find it and I don't want to arm the BG.

Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benning Boy View Post
If you're really bored, I'm your huckleberry. If you really want a challenge, I'm the one.

If you're really smart, you'll just peddle your paint.

Old 06-01-2011, 05:54 AM   #26
Civil Disobedience-wherever there is authority, there is a natural inclination to disobedience. Oppression breeds Rebellion
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2695 Times on 1508 Posts
Likes Given: 116

Don't worry, my roommates call me paranoid when I get up off the couch and lock the door behind them....

3 gallons of crazy in a 2 gallon bucket

Know your limits; exceed them often

That which does not kill me had better run pretty damn fast.

Old 06-20-2011, 12:40 AM   #27

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

I've been called paranoid for carrying ONE gun, my PM9.

Honestly?

I wouldn't call you paranoid. For me personally, that's overkill. No pun intended. For you, that might be different and doesn't make you paranoid. What would make you paranoid would be clutching your gun at every waking moment while wearing an aluminum foil hat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
Don't worry, my roommates call me paranoid when I get up off the couch and lock the door behind them....
Ok, that's worse. I mean seriously..... someone that leaves the doors unlocked is just asking for trouble.

Old 06-20-2011, 03:32 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polygon View Post
Honestly What would make you paranoid would be clutching your gun at every waking moment while wearing an aluminum foil hat.
Damn! How did you know?????????

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 06-20-2011, 03:45 AM   #29

Liked 68 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Hahaha, NICE!

Old 06-20-2011, 02:48 PM   #30

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinderocka1989 View Post
At least you will have proof that it was a forced entry, and that you didn't just invite the criminal in.

Damn right I'm paranoid.
Paranoid like a fox.
If being properly prepared is "paranoid".