Good Leather tuckable IWB holster?

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Good Leather tuckable IWB holster?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2012, 08:24 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

Default Good Leather tuckable IWB holster?

Fixing to start carrying my Dan Wesson VBOB as soon as the permit gets to the mailbox,and I'm having a hard time finding a good leather IWB holster that's tuckable. I'm set on leather because I'd really like to keep the wear and tear to a minimum on such a pretty gun,but I do know it should be pretty simple to get it bead blasted once it gets to scratched up,that being said a gun as nice as this deserves leather just as nice. A short lead time is a plus too! Hopefully someone has a good candidate

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 AM   #2

Also I should mention I much prefer the holsters that have offset loops/clips ala milt sparks versa max or galco v-hawk

Old 12-28-2012, 03:41 PM   #3

Bump.........

Old 12-28-2012, 03:51 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2142 Times on 1470 Posts
Likes Given: 796

A lot of people like the crossbreed holster. It's similar to the Galco but it has a nice shield to keep the gun off your body. The retention system is adequate but the button is noisy.

To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine

Old 12-28-2012, 04:03 PM   #5

Isn't that holster kydex? I'd prefer all leather, I may end up having to settle for s supertuck or something of the sort

Old 12-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #6
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 841 Times on 610 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Crossbreed and White Hat holster. Yes they are kydex. They print much less than leather. Leather will also wear the finish. You will be carrying a tool to save your life. I suggest you get a screwdriver to carry and hang your pistol on the wall.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 12-28-2012, 08:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25-5
Crossbreed and White Hat holster. Yes they are kydex. They print much less than leather. Leather will also wear the finish. You will be carrying a tool to save your life. I suggest you get a screwdriver to carry and hang your pistol on the wall.
I understand leather also wears the finish,I just prefer leather over kydex and believe kydex wears the finish faster.

Your preference of kydex isn't mine,I don't see how anyone could think sticking a hunk of plastic in their pants is comfortable when you already have a gun in there to begin with.

The gun I will be carrying I'd the nicest gun I've ever owned and while its a tool of self defense that doesn't mean I treat it like its a high point or p95 or some other gun if be comfortable throwing under my truck seat. Kind of like how I just bought a new truck last summer,and while its not a show truck and is merely a tool of transportation... That also doesn't mean I treat it like the 1983 f150 I drove before it.

Last edited by Jstrong; 12-28-2012 at 08:40 PM.

Old 12-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #8
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 841 Times on 610 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
I understand leather also wears the finish,I just prefer leather over kydex and believe kydex wears the finish faster.

Your preference of kydex isn't mine,I don't see how anyone could think sticking a hunk of plastic in their pants is comfortable when you already have a gun in there to begin with.
There is leather on your body and plastic against your pants and metal clasps on your belt. I carry my favorite 1911, we know each other very well, and it shows wear, as do all my hunting rifles, knives etc.
My sarcasm was good natured.
Bianchi has a line of leather IWB as well as DeSantis. I used Bianchi when I carried a S&W model 36. Very comfortable. That snubbie is easy to hide no matter how you do it.
By the way, I do prefer leather. It is a matter of functionality. Printing is very undesrirable

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Old 04-16-2013, 04:35 AM   #9

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Hard go go wrong with a Milt Sparks VM-2. They wait time is pretty long but it you want the best that's something you're going to do. They recently added another worker and moved into a new shop so they are getting better at reducing the wait times. I ordered one for my Kimber Pro CDP II. I placed my order mid-January and it's shipping tomorrow. Only about 11 weeks. They were predicting 16-20 weeks when I placed the order. Now they're quoting 20-24 weeks but they have also lifted their monthly order placement quota. They used to only take in so many orders and then they would quit taking orders that month. You would have to figure out which day they would take new orders and then you would have to sit there and keep dialing hoping that you would get thru. Kinda like trying to win tickets for being the 7th caller to a radio station. Since they lifted the quota cutoff it looks like they are losing ground of the wait time. But because they are taking in many more orders than what they normally do it has pushed put the wait time even though they are putting out more per month now.