a good ccw holster
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > a good ccw holster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default a good ccw holster

I just bought a ruger p95 and was wondering if anyone can suggest a good ccw holster. thanks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 11-21-2009, 11:51 PM   #2

Liked 1423 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

The most comfortable OWB holster I have is a Horseshoe Leather Covert 28. FBI cant, high ride and easy to hide. You can wear this holster all day and it's even comfortable while driving.

Horseshoe Leather Covert 28

When I want to carry IWB my go-to holster is a Galco Royal Guard. With a little heaver clothing it can swallow up my 1911 Government. Even with the 460 Rowland 5.5" barrel!

Fenrir

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Old 12-04-2009, 04:24 AM   #3

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I absolutely love my Cross Breed Super Tuck in horsehide. I highly recommend it. If you do a search for that holster on this site you will find many posts praising how comfortable it is to wear. I wore mine on a 7 hour drive from Kentucky to NC and not once did it get uncomfortable. The best feature is (in my opinion) is the ability to tuck your shirt in over your weapon as it is an IWB holster.

Old 12-04-2009, 04:38 AM   #4

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusterleXD View Post
I absolutely love my Cross Breed Super Tuck in horsehide. I highly recommend it. If you do a search for that holster on this site you will find many posts praising how comfortable it is to wear. I wore mine on a 7 hour drive from Kentucky to NC and not once did it get uncomfortable. The best feature is (in my opinion) is the ability to tuck your shirt in over your weapon as it is an IWB holster.
^^^^X2. Didn't get the horse tho, just regular ol cowhide. Most comfortable IWB Ive worn! I carry a full size 1911---Gate

----------Gate
It's time to burn it down

Old 12-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kusterleXD View Post
I second this. I have the same holster in horse hide for my Kimber. Sitting, standing, walking, whatever, it's comfortable all day. Driving for hours is not a problem at all and your weapon is still accessable.

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 12-11-2009, 01:31 AM   #6

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 3

miltsparks.com
Enough said.

There is in life perhaps one fleeting moment when the courage, dedication and resolve of one man gambling against all odds will alter the destiny of nations.

Old 12-13-2009, 03:24 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 52

You do have a point Flint Lock.

miltsparks.com

Says it all. The only bad thing is the wait. 4-6 months. I was lucky, and found mine on Gunbroker.com. Guy had to sell his XD and for got that he purchased his VM2 back in June. Posted it last monday bought it on Tuesday. NOW I have to get one for my Sig. If you are luck you can also find them on eBay.

I was using Galco's Summer Comfort IWB holster until I got my VM2. Now that is a holster