Glock trigger job - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Glock trigger job

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2013, 03:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 97 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcclought
How safe is it to carry glock with 3.5 pound trigger job chambered!
As long as you follow accepted safe gun handling rules (i.e. keep your booger hook off the bang switch) they are just as safe as any other gun.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:37 AM   #12

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainman13 View Post
In order for a safety to not be a danger to you in the event of a shootout you need to practice drawing the firearm, disabling the safety and then not putting your finger on the trigger until it is time to shoot. You've added an extra step to you draw time. What if the advancing bad guy only needed that extra half second to get ahold of you or better yet they don't have the extra step?
A safety is an add-on for someone who is not comfortable with their firearm, whether it be due to insufficient training, practice or an inherent flaw in the design of the gun.
I carry a glock 20 daily with a round in the chamber. The only time I have ever been even relatively close to a ng was testing the 'safeties' on a Walther p99c at the range. Yes I have seen safeties fail. Just as I've seen abs brakes cause accidents.
You should control the gun, not the other way around.
Amen brother,
Old 03-25-2013, 04:07 AM   #13
The only democracy and friend in the region
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Eatonville,Washington. My nearest neighbors are cows.
Liked 1776 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 5364

I did the 3.5 lb Ghost Trigger job (thanks to FTF contest win, whoot whoot).

Glock is NOT my EDC, but with a good holster and careful holstering, I wouldn't hesitate to carry it.

Proper Holstering and drawing would seem to me to be the key.

I wouldn't fear it accidently discharging..

Maybe I'll try an empty case and some hammering, a few tosses against the wall, and a drop test from the barn roof.

I really don't expect anything.. except a few dings.

Old 03-25-2013, 06:53 AM   #14

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

I'm used to 1911 triggers so I got a Ghost 3.5lb connector. It's the best IMO you're going to get with a striker fired DAO Glock. I EDC a G19 w/ 3.5 and CT laser inside a Milt Sparks Summer Special. I don't put my finger on the trigger until I'm ready to fire. No probs if you handle your sidearm properly.

I found the 3.5 Ghost made the pull a little cleaner and crisper. For me it made my shot follow up a tad faster and made me a tad more accurate. Def not a 1911 trigger, but IMO WAY better than the stock 5.5lb connector.

As far as one in the chamber goes, all my firearms for PD/CCW ALWAYS have one in the snout. Again, handle your firearms properly and no probs.

I'll take any advantage I can get while in a fight for my life. I won't waste time racking the slide or hitting a monkey lever(safety). If I could train twice a week I'd prob carry a lightweight 1911 commander size sidearm. I can't afford to nor have the time, so I pick the G19 with no safety. It takes a lot of continuous training to be really quick with a safety equipped EDC.

In summary the 3.5 does not offer a huge edge, but IMO it does offer an edge. I'll take any and all edges I can get when regarding my safety.

Old 03-27-2013, 10:10 PM   #15

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts

This is not meant to be an a-hole post. Just realistic.

If you are intelligent and capable enough to not pull the trigger (even accidentally) when drawing or not intending to shoot--- Then yes, carry it.

If not, don't own a gun please.

In god we trust, all others we monitor...

Old 03-31-2013, 05:54 AM   #16

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts

Your proper holster is your safety . Whenever you remove a glock from the holster, focus as you would if you clicked the thumb safety off of a 1911.
Side Note : Jim Yeager said on one of his YouTube vids to keep your Glock stock, that you can't buy good marksmanship and that aftermarket parts often cause problems . I tend to agree : I was issued a G17 and resisted the temptation to do my customary trigger job . After only about 200 rounds fired, the stock trigger feels smooth and crisp - at least for a Glock !

Thanks also to BreakFree CLP...

Old 03-31-2013, 07:34 AM   #17
Concealed Carry Instructor
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 974 Times on 639 Posts
Likes Given: 230

There is a simple solution to make a Glock safer, trigger job or not, but the posting of this makes Glock owners hungry pitbulls starring at children, so I will keep it to myself. Pm me if interested.

Old 03-31-2013, 08:45 AM   #18

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts

+1 Rent! Again, score. That brand(BreakFree) works really good in my Glock.

I have sought and received training, and the stock gun is great. With a few parts, it becomes a little better. Who doesn't want an edge? They aren't the best, but as a tool the job always gets done.

Old 03-31-2013, 05:25 PM   #19

Liked 246 Times on 174 Posts

1911love-
Thanks !