Give me a frickin' break!!! - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Give me a frickin' break!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 04:46 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanNinja View Post
I dont see how they can stop you. The purpose of having a concealed weapons permit, is for exactly that, CONCEALED weapons.
Exactly! I agree 100%

Around here, and your laws may be different, unless its a posted govt. bldg, nothing is going to happen.

If the establishment is posted, (no weapons) and they find out you are carrying, (I have no idea how they would find out) all they can do is ask you to leave.

I've been carrying almost 40 years and NEVER had a stranger notice my weapon, unless I wanted them to.

We have a local Pizza Ranch posted "no open carry", no problem, wouldn't think of it.

Some little old ladies run a consignment store that is posted "no guns". The wife likes to check it out when we are in the area. No problem, and we are both carrying.

My favorite tool rental business is posted "Guns Welcome" and gives a 10% discount to everyone with a CCW permit.

I guess if the laws in your area pretty much ignore these idiots and their foolish signs, I would too. Just be sure you know the law! My $.02, Ken

"The older I get, The better I was"

Old 01-14-2012, 06:29 PM   #22

Liked 1000 Times on 598 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Whenever oklahoma first got its self defense act, there were "no firearms allowed" signs on ALOT of these privately owned and small business establishments. Then once they found out that these signs meant that they were responsible for the publics well being and safety while occupying the establishment, signs started coming down. There are still anti 2A businesses out there that have their signs up just out of spite but there are alot fewer now.

Semper paratus.....virtute et armis

Old 01-14-2012, 06:36 PM   #23

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrWray
Whenever oklahoma first got its self defense act, there were "no firearms allowed" signs on ALOT of these privately owned and small business establishments. Then once they found out that these signs meant that they were responsible for the publics well being and safety while occupying the establishment, signs started coming down. There are still anti 2A businesses out there that have their signs up just out of spite but there are alot fewer now.
That's right...we're winning in Ok. Slowly but surely.

Old 01-14-2012, 06:41 PM   #24

One example that irks my @ss is malls, its not uncommon for a violent act to occur at a mall. Not to long back a mall that me and the family frequents had a gang shooting where 7 or so people were injured and 1 died "a gangbanger". These so called mall cops may be good for the shoplifters or the occasional juvenile fight but as far as a serious violent act,they are untrained and worthless. I could hand them a gun and they still wouldnt know what in the hell to do,especially protect my family. The only person that i trust to protect my family is ME...and i will do so.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:02 PM   #25
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2129 Times on 1168 Posts
Likes Given: 635

One day a corporate owned eatery put up a no guns sign. They had a lot of different groups meeting there and were told that there would be no more meetings unless the sign came down. Loss of business is a great stimulus.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

Old 01-14-2012, 07:10 PM   #26

Liked 55 Times on 31 Posts

Quote:
One example that irks my @ss is malls, its not uncommon for a violent act to occur at a mall. Not to long back a mall that me and the family frequents had a gang shooting where 7 or so people were injured and 1 died "a gangbanger". These so called mall cops may be good for the shoplifters or the occasional juvenile fight but as far as a serious violent act,they are untrained and worthless. I could hand them a gun and they still wouldnt know what in the hell to do,especially protect my family. The only person that i trust to protect my family is ME...and i will do so.
Also how much do you want depend on someone that is underpaid and just wants the small paycheck they get and go home. Even if they were trained in handling large situations like that im not sure they are motivated to put themsrlves in life threatening danger for people they dont know.

Have Gun....Will Travel

Old 01-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #27

Quote:
You're right, Wray...and I think I remember that. Which mall was it again?

Old 01-14-2012, 07:32 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandler51

You're right, Wray...and I think I remember that. Which mall was it again?
Muskogee mall

Old 01-14-2012, 07:43 PM   #29

Quote:

Muskogee mall
That's right...I remember now.

IDIOTS!!!!

Old 01-14-2012, 11:43 PM   #30

This is not a world in which one can turn the other cheek. Doing so does not avoid violence,but rather encourages it. The bad guys threaten, but they do not seem to want to get hurt. They should be taught that their presumed victim is more dangerous than they are. This is not a matter of weapons but rather of will.