Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Give me a frickin' break!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 2

In Michigan back when they first allowed concealed carry we saw a lot of the same signs in front of businesses too, but as time went on and either their profits shrank or they got better educated, the signs went away, now I can't remember the last time I've seen a sign to stop CC..

Old 01-14-2012, 01:30 PM   #12

Likes Given: 1

Ask them if you can post one of these:

" Rule Number Two"

Old 01-14-2012, 01:40 PM   #13

Likes Given: 1

Print and carry these. They will get the point across, at least with small businesses.

" Rule Number Two"

Old 01-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 756 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

I, for one, never pay those signs any mind. I am not a sheep to be controlled nor one to be sheared when going back to parking lot by lil' Edward G. Robinson wanna-be's!

Old 01-14-2012, 02:00 PM   #15
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 4464 Times on 2355 Posts
Likes Given: 255

In wisconsin ignoring the signs is not a criminal offense it is merely a civil forfiture and doesnt go on the record in anyway. Its just like getting a fine for letting your dog poop in the oark and not picking it up.

Personally i just ignore them. I would rather pay the fine than have my parents pay for me and my wife having a dual funeral or me paying for my wife or her to bury me.

The fine is cheaper. Its another instance where its best to follow the three S's. Shoot, shovel, shut-up.

Those signs have never been tested in court. Businesses that are open to the public have been ruled public places in other cases where camera survelliance has been tested.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 01-14-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Old 01-14-2012, 02:04 PM   #16
mcb

Liked 68 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Spend your money somewhere else. Money talks. I'm sure they have a corporate customer line tell them why you won't shop there and encourage your friends and family to do the same. Aldi is a European company.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:20 PM   #17

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vincine
If one really wanted to make another point to Aldi’s corporate how it wasn’t in their interest, one could send them and ad proof for the local paper that says:

ATTENTION BAD GUYS
This Aldi’s store is unprotected.
No one here has a gun.
We would be safe to rob.

I’d be willing to bet after some discussion about inciting & encouraging crime vs. free speech, the sign will come down. (I really can’t help myself, I’m just an unrepentant subversive. )

There is a bank somewhere with a sign/policy that says something to the effect of;

CCW holders welcome.
Robbers, 'fair warning',
anyone in here may have a gun.
Yeah...my bank has a sign asking you to "please remove hats, hoodies, and sunglasses". It does NOT however have a sign saying "no weapons allowed". For good reason.

Old 01-14-2012, 03:25 PM   #18

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

If you get robbed or hurt during a robbery at an Aldi's can you sue?

“There are hundreds of millions of gun owners in this country, and not one of them will have an accident today. The only misuse of guns comes in environments where there are drugs, alcohol, bad parents, and undisciplined children. Period.” Ted Nugent

Old 01-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #19
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5622 Times on 3304 Posts
Likes Given: 4707

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastcast View Post
As I was leaving I laughingly told the Gal in there: "BETTER CHECK THOSE AMISH GOOD, YOU KNOW HOW THEY ARE"!!! Knowing my sense of humor she laughed and told me she also thought the signs were stupid and overkill.

Well, guess next time I need bread I'll have to leave the piece at home!!
Is this the only grocery store in your area? If not, start sending the manager your receipts from their nearest competitor. Who knows, you might find you like the other store's selection better. Dollars are the votes that count; ask any politician on truth serum.

If it is the ONLY grocery in your area, complain and loudly to the manager, then get his name and the names of any other managers he identifies as being "responsible" for the sign and go bitching to corporate about how you feel DISCRIMINATED against and insulted and how you are researching whether or not your civil rights have been violated (they haven't really, IMO).

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

Old 01-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1447 Times on 747 Posts
Likes Given: 1208

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
. . start sending the manager your receipts from their nearest competitor. .
Best response!