Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   Give me a frickin' break!!! (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f17/give-me-frickin-break-55468/)

lastcast 01-14-2012 06:18 AM

Give me a frickin' break!!!

Greetings All:
Well, stopped in the Aldi Grocery store in Platteville, Wisconsin today for some pretzels. As I approached the front door there is now this giant sign, as big as the glass that Stevie Wonder could read stating: NO WEAPONS ALLOWED IN STORE AT ANY TIME!!!
I found this rather amusing. What?, are they going to have one of the Gal cashiers frisk me?? Wisconsin finally gets CCW and now stores everywhere are getting antsy about weapons.

As I was leaving I laughingly told the Gal in there: "BETTER CHECK THOSE AMISH GOOD, YOU KNOW HOW THEY ARE"!!! Knowing my sense of humor she laughed and told me she also thought the signs were stupid and overkill.

Well, guess next time I need bread I'll have to leave the piece at home!!:(:(

Regards, Lastcast, Ranger Recon, Class of 67.

jon1992d 01-14-2012 07:28 AM

Thats odd that your aldi does that but in Pa ours dont mind at all. You think it would be company policy to not pick on one state..

UrbanNinja 01-14-2012 07:39 AM

I dont see how they can stop you. The purpose of having a concealed weapons permit, is for exactly that, CONCEALED weapons. You obviously carry a weapon for your own protection. If some scumbag decides he wants to walk in that store and Rob the place or just wants to start harming people, do you really think he is going to stop at the door and say "well, I guess I cant rob or kill anyone here. This store doesn't allow weapons. I better go somewhere else". So now some jerk is taking aim at innocent civilians and you have no way to use your means of personal protection. I personally would ignore that sign. Of the situation arose and you saved your own life and possibly lives of others... what judge is going to say "you're the bad guy, not him".

jon1992d 01-14-2012 07:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanNinja
I dont see how they can stop you. The purpose of having a concealed weapons permit, is for exactly that, CONCEALED weapons. You obviously carry a weapon for your own protection. If some scumbag decides he wants to walk in that store and Rob the place or just wants to start harming people, do you really think he is going to stop at the door and say "well, I guess I cant rob or kill anyone here. This store doesn't allow weapons. I better go somewhere else". So now some jerk is taking aim at innocent civilians and you have no way to use your means of personal protection. I personally would ignore that sign. Of the situation arose and you saved your own life and possibly lives of others... what judge is going to say "you're the bad guy, not him".

Honetly in the world we live in I think he would find himself in a heep of trouble for saving the store from a BG. I respect the fact that its private property and what they say goes but like you said its not gonna stop a BG from going in its only giving him a big sign thats says this store is in no way defended..

FaTmAn 01-14-2012 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UrbanNinja (Post 676708)

While i dont disagree with you. That is still bad advice because if you do get caught you could end up losing your permit, your gun, and even face jail time and fines not worth it.

I would though not shop there and i would put in writing to the manager and possbly the owners why you wont shop there anymore and i would get other people to write as well. Its an idea might not be the best but it could work. You could maybe even picket the store if you really got a hair up your butt. Somebody would notice that. Just saying

UrbanNinja 01-14-2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FaTmAn

While i dont disagree with you. That is still bad advice because if you do get caught you could end up losing your permit, your gun, and even face jail time and fines not worth it.

I would though not shop there and i would put in writing to the manager and possbly the owners why you wont shop there anymore and i would get other people to write as well. Its an idea might not be the best but it could work. You could maybe even picket the store if you really got a hair up your butt. Somebody would notice that. Just saying

Please dont take this as advice. I am only stating my personal opinion. Yes there are many other ways of dealing with this situation. So being that it is private property and they say "no weapons allowed", I guess police officers are not welcomed either. And if they did allow LEOs in with a gun.. then id take more action. The same government that allows those officers to carry a weapon has given me that right as well.

Im sorry if I am thinking too far into this or not making much sense right now, I just got off from a 14 hour shift and im half asleep. Dont mind me. Lol.

c3shooter 01-14-2012 01:24 PM

1. Don't go there.
2. Forget the manager. They have very little control over what flows down from Corporate.
3. Let the COMPANY know how you feel, and that you are SHARING how you feel with the MANY friends you have that also have a CCW. And that you will be spending your $$$$$ with a company that does NOT seek to keep a law abiding citizen out of their store.

Now, having said that, their store, their rules, their right. My money, MY rule, MY right. Take your pick.

Paladin201 01-14-2012 01:38 PM

I love those signs.

Here in Missouri, the CCW law provides that business owners can post "no guns allowed" signs. But the funny thing is, the law doesn't provide any penalty for ignoring the signs. If someone somehow discovers you have a gun on posted property, all they can do is ask you to leave. The only legal penalty comes into play if you are asked to leave and refuse to do so.

But the whole idea of the signs is stupid. In a local community a couple of years ago, there was a man who was having a dispute with the city over zoning laws. Seems the city was ticketing him for parking his businesses commercial vehicles on the street in front of his house, in a residential subdivision. He didn't like it. So one night he got a gun and went to City Hall while a council meeting was in progress. Upon arriving he encountered a uniformed officer in the parking lot. He shot the officer dead. Then he took the officers gun and proceeded inside with both guns. Inside he killed 5 people, including another officer, and wounded two others before he was shot to death by other officers. Now this event is a tragedy, and I don't intend to make light of it. But the simple fact that you'll never hear mentioned on the news is that the guy walked past no less than 4 "no guns allowed" sign on his way into the building. The liberal nitwits out there seem to think the guy should have seen the signs and said "Oh crap, how can I kill these people if I can't take my guns inside".

USMC-03 01-14-2012 01:54 PM

Just don't go to that store. If your state does have statutes against carrying where posted then I would not carry there. If you do somehow get caught you could be in real trouble. Just find a different place to shop.
As someone else already said, here in Missouri there are not criminal charges for carrying into a posted building. The only charge comes if you are asked to leave then refuse...then you are guilty of trespass.

Vincine 01-14-2012 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c3shooter (Post 676774)
. . Let the COMPANY know how you feel, . .

If one really wanted to make another point to Aldiís corporate how it wasnít in their interest, one could send them and ad proof for the local paper that says:

ATTENTION BAD GUYS
This Aldiís store is unprotected.
No one here has a gun.
We would be safe to rob.

Iíd be willing to bet after some discussion about inciting & encouraging crime vs. free speech, the sign will come down. (I really canít help myself, Iím just an unrepentant subversive. ;))

There is a bank somewhere with a sign/policy that says something to the effect of;

CCW holders welcome.
Robbers, 'fair warning',
anyone in here may have a gun.