Girl Tased in the Boob? - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection >

Girl Tased in the Boob?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2012, 03:47 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzilla View Post
Tack: not sure but don't the police academy's demonstrate Tasers on cadets and "other volunteers" all the time. Just ask them to put a leather jacket on the next poor SOB...or they may already have an answer.

2nd thought, the manufacturers of these zappers have or should have already run these test and could provide you with the data.

It is in their rational self-interest to play ball and if they don't, let the FTf community know and we'll send them hate mail until they realize the error of their ways..
I figured one of our current or former LEO's would know. These guys usually carry tazers and pepper spray. It would make sence to me to have the pepper spray as a second LTL option should a suspect be wearing to many layers or very tough clothing that might prevent tazer barbs from reaching skin.

I'm totally spit balling here and hoping Robo or another LEO Can weigh in?

Old 07-09-2012, 04:36 PM   #12

Liked 1040 Times on 621 Posts
Likes Given: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1

I figured one of our current or former LEO's would know. These guys usually carry tazers and pepper spray. It would make sence to me to have the pepper spray as a second LTL option should a suspect be wearing to many layers or very tough clothing that might prevent tazer barbs from reaching skin.

I'm totally spit balling here and hoping Robo or another LEO Can weigh in?
Taser international makes different cartridges, they are identified by the color coded blast doors. The basic field cartridge has a yellow blast door, it has a range of 15ft with a probe length of 9.65mm. The silver cartridge has a range of 21ft, has a probe length of 9.65mm and is also basic field use. The cartridge that we used for colder months is the green"XP" cartridge, it has a range of 25ft with a longer probe length of 13.5mm. They are able to pierce thicker clothing.

Last edited by MrWray; 07-09-2012 at 09:20 PM.

Old 07-09-2012, 04:38 PM   #13

http___www.spygeargadgets.com_product_images_t_412_taser-2-pack-air-cartridge-replacement-m26c-x.jpg

http___www.officerstore.com_taser_page_images_taser-cartridges_02.jpg

http___www.officerstore.com_taser_page_images_taser-cartridges_03.jpg

Old 07-09-2012, 04:47 PM   #14

These are hanging from my rearview mirror, its the probes that were used on me from the X26 during training, hanging from the actual taser wire.

20120607_193840-1.jpg