Getting a CCW in Alameda County, CA
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Getting a CCW in Alameda County, CA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2011, 02:38 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Getting a CCW in Alameda County, CA

I'm very eager to apply for a CCW in my county of residence, but being from California is a little discouraging when it comes to the topic of CCW.

I would like to know if anyone in or near Alameda county has applied and gotten approved for a CCW, and if so how difficult was it to obtain?

I have no past records of anything criminal, but I don't think my reason of just plain old personal protection would do it.

Home Invasion...I've got something for that!

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-18-2011, 12:53 AM   #2
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8453 Times on 4897 Posts
Likes Given: 11020

The good news is Alameda County is not as bad as your neighbor to the south, Santa Clara County. Santa Clara County Sheriff Laurie Smith requires that a $20,000 "donation" be given when you apply for a CCW permit for it to be even considered. Your $20K is no guarantee you will be given one though. I have applied for one and I was rejected outright. (absolutely spotless record, many excellent references, legitimate and provable need for one, but no $20K check.)
Alameda County is considered to be a little (even a little bit is good) easier to get a CCW (Santa Clara is considered to be a "no issue" and Alameda is considered to be a "may issue"). You must be very careful in crafting your application. Make no mistakes, have excellent references, and don't screw it up. If you do you will not be considered again.

Good luck! And let us know what happens.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:25 AM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 142 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 164

Unfortunatly as in past most Sheriffs and Chief's of police in central CA are anti CCW unless you were a buddy or political contributer Northern CA is better for issuance and the Sacramento Sheriff has realized that they won't be there when needed and has started issuing but that isn't the norm. I wish you luck in your endeavors.

http://militarysignatures.com/signat...ember14888.png
Retired LE, M.P., Sr. M.P. Investigator, armorer, F.B.I. Trained Rangemaster/Firearms Instructor , Presently Forensic Document Examiner for D.H.S.