Geotagging gun owners' houses - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > Handguns > Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection > Geotagging gun owners' houses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 01:01 AM   #11
Table of Warriors Placeholder
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6838 Times on 3732 Posts
Likes Given: 13481

I suppose high tech burglars could use the app to identify homes to avoid.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #12
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8174 Times on 4719 Posts
Likes Given: 10535

Quote:
Originally Posted by CourtJester View Post
JESUS PEOPLE!!!! Play along would ya?

Down load it and mark every single location that you can. Over load it and make it 100% untrustable and it will have absolutly zero use by anyone.
Careful with your recommendations there Jester. The other day I started a thread with the updated list that the Feds had come up with (we have all seen similar lists in the past and many of the words are the same) when one of the Mods (either ScottA or JohnM) deleted the thread and sent me a PM saying that it was against Forum rules to target other forums or organizations in any way (I did suggest that we all use words from the list "freely and frequently").

Funny thing is that he did send me a PM and now it is not in my message box????? WTF???

Anyhow, here is the list of trigger words. Be careful not to use any words on this list 'cause some government puke to have to monitor yet another harmless person like you or the person on the receiving end of the message (I hope that satisfies the Mods).
words-things.jpg  

Shoot me an email at vikingdad995@gmail.com

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."
- Mohandas Gandhi, an Autobiography, page 446.
TekGreg Likes This 
Old 07-10-2013, 01:58 AM   #13
Table of Warriors Placeholder
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6838 Times on 3732 Posts
Likes Given: 13481

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad
(either ScottA or JohnM) deleted the thread and sent me a PM
That's unusual. Those are two of the coolest moderators on the site. Did you say anything about another forum?

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Old 07-10-2013, 02:29 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
That's unusual. Those are two of the coolest moderators on the site. Did you say anything about another forum?
I was mistaken. The PM is still in my inbox file. But it was JonM. Here is what he said.

Quote:
I have removed your posting on such as i think it violates our forum policy on trolling outside organizations. Ive also reported it to our mod forum for admin review. If notdku thinks its ok it will be restored.

Just giving you a fyi so you know what happened to your thread

JonM
I have not said anything on any other forum about it until now in this thread. And seriously? Trolling "outside organizations"???? Are we prohibited from advocating a little civil disobedience? Since when? And since when is the government considered to be an "outside organization"?

Check out the Firearmstalk Podcasts with Vikingdad and DrFootball! https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/firearms-talk-podcast/id778007899

Quote:
"Among the many misdeeds of British rule in India, history will look upon the Act depriving a whole nation of arms as the blackest."

Old 07-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #15

Liked 705 Times on 376 Posts
Likes Given: 46

Some people feel that the 2nd amendment is not supported by the 1st amendment I guess.
That's unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up.

I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
~George Washington

Old 07-10-2013, 03:03 AM   #16

Quote:
Some people feel that the 2nd amendment is not supported by the 1st amendment I guess.
That's unfortunate. Thanks for the heads up.
The 1st Amendment applies only to the government. Since this is a privately owned forum it does not apply here. However that does not excuse censorship.

Quote:
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-10-2013, 04:28 AM   #17
Devil's Advocate and Provocateur
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1319 Times on 689 Posts
Likes Given: 606

Quote:
JESUS PEOPLE!!!! Play along would ya?

Down load it and mark every single location that you can. Over load it and make it 100% untrustable and it will have absolutly zero use by anyone.
No, no, no! We are gun owners and must show that we can behave responsibly. What if you accidentally tag some place that actually does store guns? That would actually supply useful information! Only mark spots that you know are gun free zones. I suggest:

Preschools and schools
Churches & synagogues
Libraries
Museums
Any home of any angry liberal

Please feel free to expand on the list as you think of them! The app and its database will become completely worthless with this erroneous and completely innocent listings.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Last edited by TekGreg; 07-10-2013 at 04:34 AM.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 AM   #18
FTF_MODERATOR.png

VikingDad, I can understand the need NOT to say in a public forum that organizations or other forums are being targetted. We would eventually be shut down for our aggressive behavior. However, posting the list should be allowed as a publicly produced and available document in the public domain for informational purposes only.

Thanks for providing it. Now I know not to talk about my workout at the gym as ecsorsize or tell anyone I have the flooe.

“Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem." (I prefer the tumult of liberty to the quiet of servitude.). Thomas Jefferson

-Edmund Burke, Loosely translated from Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents. (1770)

Vikingdad Likes This 
Old 07-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by TekGreg View Post
VikingDad, I can understand the need NOT to say in a public forum that organizations or other forums are being targetted. We would eventually be shut down for our aggressive behavior. However, posting the list should be allowed as a publicly produced and available document in the public domain for informational purposes only.

Thanks for providing it. Now I know not to talk about my workout at the gym as ecsorsize or tell anyone I have the flooe.
By whom? And why? I could maybe see it if a forum was dedicated to solely cyber attacks simply to raise Hell, perhaps with law enforcement authorities, nuclear plants, the CDC, government, or any other authority, but one thread, or even several threads on any special interest forum such as this one on firearms where a few individuals advocate civil disobedience? Wouldn't all of the Occupy websites have been summarily shut down then?

I don't buy the premise.

So go ahead and exercise, it will not breach any national security protocols here and will not cause the Swine Flu or even a national emergency.

Gotta go. Homeland security is mounting an attack on the compound.

Quote:
MisterMcCool Likes This 
Old 07-10-2013, 06:26 AM   #20
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad View Post
By whom? And why? I could maybe see it if a forum was dedicated to solely cyber attacks simply to raise Hell, perhaps with law enforcement authorities, nuclear plants, the CDC, government, or any other authority, but one thread, or even several threads on any special interest forum such as this one on firearms where a few individuals advocate civil disobedience? Wouldn't all of the Occupy websites have been summarily shut down then?

I don't buy the premise.

So go ahead and exercise, it will not breach any national security protocols here and will not cause the Swine Flu or even a national emergency.

Gotta go. Homeland security is mounting an attack on the compound.
Just recently, the inventor of the 3D printer firearms posted many of his designs to file servers and his own site. Over 300,000 downloads of the file were made before ALL of the sites were shut down and bearing a State Department logo. They were only blueprints and contained no dangerous information, but were prototype designs showing how it could be done. 3D printers are very few and far between, very expensive to buy and more expensive to stoke with the various plastics to try to create the parts. None of this stopped the State Department from interfering, claiming that the finished product was a terrorist device, as it could be smuggled past metal detectors.

Paladin Press was forced by the government to drop many of its titles after 9/11 because they were considered to contain instructions for making firearms, suppressors, explosives or dangerous devices. Up until then, all of these texts had been protected by the First Amendment, as a book on any subject wasn't considered dangerous or a crime until a person chose to act on it.

That's only two examples, but the last 15 years is rife with the government stepping in and shutting down sites, strong arming private business and suppressing trade "for our own good." If we were to start discussing attacks on "protected" groups, we would be accused of hate speech, racism, bigotry or any other felony that would be the grounds to shut down the entire forum.

Keep an eye out - you never know what direction they'll come at your compound! Shoot if it moves! :P